chapter 8

Morro walked around the yard for a while. Not being able to do things sucks.
"Hey Morro." Nya walked out.
"Oh right, I'm not alone here." Morro said.

"Ah. The boys left you here to recover." Nya said.
"Well, at least you're here with me!" Morro replied. Nya looked away.
"About that... Sensei had a vision that they need our help so...." Nya fiddled with her fingers.
"So, I have to stay here." Morro said.
Sensei walked out.
"Forgive me, but someone must stay here." He said. Morro sighed.
"Yeah, OK. I'll be... Here." Morro said as the two left on Kai's dragon.

Morro walked and inspected every room in the monastery. When he got to Sensei's meditating room, he saw an open cabinet.
"So, he took the flute." Morro said. He turned around and saw the staff of the hypnobrai.
"Of course. Gotta protect that."
The was a loud bang coming from the front gate. Morro rushed out to see Skales and a few other hypbobrai.

"What are you doing here?!" Morro yelled preparing to fight.
"Taking our ssstaff back!" Skales replied.
"No, you're not!" Morro charged at him.
"I'm not here to fight you. Now!" Sales showed and two serpentine climbed onto the roof holding lit torches.

"Why you-" Morro started. He tried to knock them off the roof but was stopped. Sales kicked him in the back, causing Morro to fall over.
"Arg!" Morro cried out in pain.
Sales went inside to grab the staff.
The monastery was set on fire after he came out.
"If only I had that flute!" Morro said.

"You snakes!" Morro tried to get up and stop them, but a piece of wood fell on his legs.
"Aaahhh!!" Morro screamed.
"I'll sssee you off." Skales said as he left with the staff. The other serpentine followed.
"No. Come on. Come on, come on, come on!!" Morro said trying to pull himself out.

They were gone, leaving Morro under the burning rubble. The dragons roared. Morro couldn't do anything.
"The monastery! Were to late!" Morro herd Kai's voice. The others had returned.
"Oh no! Ah! Our dragons!" Jay said pulling a lever and releasing them.
"G-guys..." Morro called out.
"Morro! Hold on! I got you!" Cole said pulling Morro out from under the wood.

"Shard! Put this out!" Zane called to his dragon. The dragon roared and a cold ice was blown onto the fire.
"The training equipment! Gone!" Zane said.
"Arg, our videogames! Gone!" Jay said shaking Zane.
"They stole their staff back!" Sensei said.
"What do we do now?" Cole asked supporting Morro on his shoulders.

Kai picked up a piece of wood and crushed it in his hands.
"If you hadn't followed that silly bird, none of this would have happened!" Kai said angerly at Zane.
"No, it's not-" Morro said before getting cut off.
"No, stay out of this. He's right!" This is all your fault!" Cole said.

"It's not his fault!" Morro shouted.
"You're right!" Jay said.
"It's that brat Lloyd's fault! He probably ordered those snakes to attack!" Jay yelled.
"No! No, it's not his fault either!" Morro yelled back.

"Why are you protecting him?!" Cole asked.
"You know it's his fault!" Kai said.
"He didn't attack this place! The serpentine did!" Morro replied.
"Oh! And who let them out of their holes huh? That's right, Lloyd!" Jay said.
"It's still not his fault!" Morro fought back.
"What's wrong with you? Why are you siding with the kid?" Kai asked.
"Because he's my family!!" Morro shouted.

The ninja stayed silent.
"We're technically cousins, but he's more like my little brother than anyone!" Morro held his head low.

"It's my fault! I couldn't fight back! I wasn't able to protect my home." Morro said.
"I was able to before."

"Enough!" Sensei yelled.
"We are all at fault for this loss. You three apologize to Zane and Morro at once!" Sensei pointed at Kai, Jay and Cole. The three bowed.
"Morro, we're sorry," they said.
"Zane- uh Zane?" They turned to see Zane fly off on his dragon.

-anyways-

Skales had just beat the the general and became the new leader of the hypnobrai.
"You!" Skales pointed to Lloyd, who was tied up at the moment.
"Leave here and never return!" Sales shouted. Lloyd got untied and ran as fast as he could.
"Arrg! Stupid snakes and their- aarrg!!" He yelled running away.
"I'll show them!"

-back to the ninja-

The ninja had no roof over their heads and were left wandering the land.
"There, you should be good for a while." Nya said tending to Morro's wounds.
"Thank- ah! Ehhh." Morro said.
"Oh! Sorry" Nya said.
"Stay here for a while. You need to rest." She said walking over to the others.

Kai sighed.
"You know, I don't miss our home. What I really miss is Zane." He said.
"Yeah, I miss Zane." Jay agreed.
"Zane?" Nya said.
"Yeah, Zane! You know the white ninja? The smart strange one?" Jay said.

"No, look!" Nya exclaimed.
"Zane!" Morro got up to try and hug him but fell over.
"Hey!" Zane said helping him up.
"Oh Zane! We're sorry for all the things we said!" Jay said rushing up the the white ninja.
"We're a team, and that means we're all responsible." He continued.

"You don't need to apologize to me." Zane said setting Morro down.
"But what about all those things we said?" Kai asked.
"Isn't that why you left?" Cole asked.
"Of course not." Zane said.
"I saw the falcon again and I followed it."

"That's our Zane!" Cole said.
"Uhh, falcon?" Morro asked.
"It's how we found Lloyd's hide out." Cole told him.
"We're happy your back." They all hugged Zane.
"Why? Is it my turn to make dinner?" Zane asked.
"Yes Zane. We would love it if you made us dinner." Sensei said.
"But I've already made it!" Come! Let me show you what I found." Zane helped Morro up and told everyone to follow.

"What is it that you found?" Morro asked.
"You'll see. I can't explain it, but I feel a strange connection with that falcon." Zane said. As they walked around a boulder, they saw a ship planted in the sand.
"Our new home..." Zane said.

They all gasped.
"Do I smell pie?" Jay asked excitedly.
"Yes!" Zane said as he listed if all the different kinds he made.
"Hate to spoil the moment but, could you help me get inside?" Morro asked.
"Hup! Okay! Full speed ahead!" Cole picked up Morro and put him on his back. The they started running towards the ship.

"I am proud of you Zane. One day, I promise, we will find your family." Sensei said putting his hand on Zane's shoulder.
"But I've already found them." Zane said looking at his friends. 

Ah wow 1099 words not including this end part. I hope you liked it.
It took a while to write. Like, 3 days or something.
Oh well.
Ittekimasu!!