chapter 20

Nya pulled off sheet to reveal the skeleton of a fangpire underneath.
"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old." Nya explained. The boys were sitting at the table, listening to her.

"Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom." Nya went on.

At the table, Zane was taking notes while Nya explained. Kai leaned back on his chair spinning his brush with a bored look. Cole was drawing a picture of himself fighting. Morro fidgeted with his brush in front of him.
Jay sported a new look. His hair was combed away from his face as her stared dreamily at Nya.

"If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects." Nya said. Her cheeks turned pink.
"Resulting in... diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume?" Nya asked.
"I'm severely allergic to perfume."

Jay flinched.
"You told me it was men's cologne!" Jay whispered to Kai.
"Eh, I get them mixed up!" Kai responded making the other boys laugh. Zane high-fived Kai then opened a panel revealing some buttons on his arm. Zane flicked a switch and turned his humor off.
"Is that... Is she gonna be okay?" Morro asked Kai.
"Yep." Kai answered.

"Ah! Looks like class is over." Cole said picking up his papers and standing up. The others did the same.
"Time to start stomping on some serpentine before they find any fangblades!" Cole punched the air.
"Sounds like a plan!" Kai said.
"I'm excited to join!" Zane and kai walked out of the room taking to each other.

"I've been eager to get into some action!" Morro told Cole as they walked out. Jay stayed behind.

"Uh, hey Nya? I'm sorry." Jay walked up to the girl in red.
"The reason I was-- you know-- I went to kai because--" Jay stuttered.
"Look, what I'm trying to say is--" Nya cut Jay off.
"I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine! Please, go fight snakes." Nya said.
"No, no, no, no! I was trying to impress you!" Jay said embarrassed.
"Look, before sensei left, he said that our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential!" Jay explained.

"Impress me?" Nya asked flattered.
"But I look so--"
"Fantastic!" Jay said.
(Simp...)
"Look, maybe if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant." Jay suggested.
"You don't have to if you don't want to..." Jay stammered.
"You mean like a date?" Nya asked.
"Umm, yeah?" Jay said.

"Sure! I'd love to." Nya exclaimed.
"But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my blood stream and I go into shock." Nya rushed.
"See you tonight!" She waved goodbye.

"Yes!! Haha!" Jay jumped up and did a victory dance. While doing so, he pricked his finger on the fang of the fangpire skeleton.
"Ow! Ah... Man!" Jay shook his hand.
He pushed it aside and skipped happily out of the room. Just then, a drop of venom splashed on the ground from the fang.

Back in the realm of Madness,
(I think that's what it's called.)
Wu confronted his brother. Garmadon had his back turned against Wu.
"Hello, brother. What took you so long? You brought the katana from our youth." Garmadon said.
"Funny, you never had the courage to cross the temple wall, yet now you have the courage to come here."

"Why have you come to this place of darkness?" Wu questioned.
"A place as wicked as me? Don't you see? Here I feel at home. In Ninjago, I was physically unable to hold all four Spinjitzu Weapons." Garmadon responded.
"But here, dark magic has made me stronger and what was once impossible is now possible!" Garmadon turned around to reveal he had gained four arms.