chapter 7

"Hey! No, my turn!" Jay's voice echoed in Sensei Wu's meditating chamber.
"One more time!" Morro's voice said next.
Opening his eyes, Sensei Wu picked up a flute and hid it away in a cabinet.
"Ultimate attack!!!" Kai yelled.
Sensei opened the door to the gaming room only to find no ninja inside.
"Hyaaa! Take that!" Cole yelled.

Sensei walked out to the training grounds to find the ninja, being coached by Morro.
"Jay! Are you ready for double time?!" Morro yelled at the blue ninja.
"Bring it!!" Jay called out.

Morro threw arrows in the air, using wind to make them speed straight at Jay, spinning his nunchucks of lighting to deflect all the arrows.
"Cole! Run as fast as you can now!" Morro shuffled over to Cole.
"You got it!" Cole started to run faster and faster.

Zane was meditating on the ground, waiting for the best moment.
"Let's get it on! Ninja-go!" Kai did spinjitzu around the grounds.
"Ahh! Hey!" Morro said jumping out of Kai's way. Zane opened his eyes.
He jumped up and intercepted with Jay's blocking.
"Hey!!" Jay said as an arrow shot straight between the electric chains.
"What?!"
Zane then jumped, grabbed Cole's scythe and swung at one if the decoys.
"Ah?! Hey!" Cole yelled.
"Ninja-go!" Zane shouted, using his spinjitzu and covered the ground with a sheet of ice.
"Woah! Ahh!!" Kai slipped out of his spintitzu and onto the floor.

Kai walked over to Jay and Cole.
"This roof isn't big enough for the four of us." Kai said.
"Correction, it's not big enough for him." Cole gestured to kai. Morro walked over to them.

"Correction again! There is no roof over us right now." Morro teased. Jay punched Morro.
"Not that way. You know that! He's in his own little world. I bet he can't even hear us!" Jay said loudly.
Sensei walked over to the four boys.

"Sensei, Zane's weird." Kai said.
"Dude." Morro said.
"What is weird? Someone who is different? Or someone who is different from you?" Sensei asked.
"No, sensei. He's weird weird." Cole said.

"You guys are being as mean to him as you are to me!" Morro said.
"But I do have to agree on this one sensei. Zane is pretty...well I don't know."
"We like the guy, he's really smart he's just... A little off sometimes." Kai said looking at Zane who was messing around with a training dummy.

"Zane is a brother! And brothers are often different." Sensei said.
"I should know." He looked away.
A gong sounded off. It was the doorbell.

"Mail!" Cole, Jay and Kai exclaimed.
The door opened.
"Let's see... A letter from Jay's parents." The mail man said as Jay grabbed the letter.
"Kai has a fan letter." Kai swooped in and grabbed the piece of paper.
"And a letter from Cole's dad." The mailman finished.
"What? No package?" Cole asked displeased.
"I'm expecting something from creatures, beasts and beyond!"
"No nothing from... Oh here it is!" The mailman said handing a box to Cole.
"Ha! Rocky's gonna love this!" Cole said running off to see his dragon.

Zane walked around the grounds with his head down.
"Hey Zane! How come you never hear anything from your parents?" Jay asked him.
"I don't remember my parents. I was an orphan all my life." Zane replied.
Kai and Jay look at each other with looks of pity on their faces.

"You mean you've never had a home?" Kai implied. Zane shook his head.
"Hey me too! Join the club!" Morro said putting his arm around Zane's neck.
"But guess what? We're your family and this place is your home now." Morro gestured to the monastery.
"That is correct. We will always be there for you." Sensei Wu said putting his hand on Zane's shoulder.

Zane walked inside leaving the others to do nothing but watch.
"Where did Cole go?" Morro asked.
"To feed his dragon." Jay said reading his letter.
"I guess I'll pay him a visit." Morro said walking away.

"Hey Cole!" Morro waved at Cole.
"Hey dude! What's up?" Coke responded.
"Nothing much. What about you?" Morro said. Cole turned to pet his dragon.
"Just giving Rocky some good stuff!" Cole said repeatedly blinking his eyes.
"Are your eyes dry or something?" Morro asked taking note of it.

Cole blinked once more; his eyes shifted to red for a moment.
"No not really." Cole said.
"Your- your eyes turned red for a sec." Morro said.
"What do you mean?" Cole asked.
"No, nothing." Morro walked away keeping some suspicions.

-the other end of Cole's sight aka Skales.-

"I can't believe you hypnotisssed one of the ninja!" A serpentine said.
"Yessss however it looks like the wind one iss on to usss." Skales said.
"Doesss the general know?" The serpentine asked.
"Of coursssse not! He's been put under the control of Lloyd! I still have to be cautiousss about the wind ninja" Skales said.

(Haha! It's funny typing all those 's')

-at the monastery-
"Mm! I love it when it's Zane's night to cook!" Jay said.
"Hey, I didn't hear any complaints about my duck chowder last night!" Cole said.

"That's because it glued our mouths shut!" Kai said.
"Yeah, it was really bad, am I right Morro?" Jay nudged Morro. He didn't say anything.
"Dude! Hey answer me!" Jay tapped Morro's shoulder.

"What? Oh yeah." Morro was keeping his sight on Cole. He still thought that something might be off.
"Dinner is served!" Zane walked out of the kitchen holding a roasted chicken and wearing a bright pink apron.

"Pfft..." Kai snickered. Every on burst out laughing.
"What? What is so funny?" Zane asked.
"Zane it's just- you're wearing a- even I wouldn't wear that!" Nya said trying to hold back laughter.

"You laugh because I take steps to ensure that I am clean after cooking?
Zane asked.
"Haha! No! We're laughing because you cane out wearing that ridiculous outfit!" Kai said pointing at Zane's apron.
"Wow." Morro laughed while covering his mouth.

"I guess we don't share the sense of humor." Zane said.
"Oh yeah? What about... This!?" Cole picked up a plate of food and threw it at Kai's face.

"Ah!" Kai exclaimed.
"Kkh. Oohhh that's awesome." Morro laughed, still covering his mouth. But it was clear he was making fun of Kai.
"Oh, ha ha! Take... That!" Kai threw a plate at Morro. Morro raised his hand and wind deflected the plate away from him.

"You're not pulling a fast one on me! But- ah! Hey, target Cole! He's the one who started it!" Morro said.
Sensei snuck up behind Cole and dumped a bowl on his head.
"Ahh!?" Cole yelled.
"Now that, is funny!" Jay yelled throwing food around the table. Zane sighed and held his head low.

(You guys know what happened after that right? Zane saw the falcon, followed it and found Lloyd's tree house thing. Good I don't need to give detailed story now, okay!)

-the next day-

"Everyone! I found Lloyd and the serpentine's hideout!" Zane said.
"What? Well then let's go!" Morro said.
"Woah! Not you, you're gonna stay here." Cole said halting Morro.
"What? Why?" Morro asked pushing Cole's arm down.
"I don't know what happened at Jamonacai village, but you need to stay here and rest." Kai said walking past him.

"Uhh, Jamo-ohhh." Morro recalled what happened.
"Well, I'm fine now! I'm coming!"
"Mmm no, you're staying here." Jay said patting Morro on the back.
"We'll be back!" Cole said.
"Wha- hey no come...back..." Morro was left standing in the training grounds. 

You know, I think each episode of the show will be split in two chapters. I don't know if I'll do the whole series but I'll do my best. I might split the seasons into different books, maybe. Anyways

Ittekimasu

Ittekimasu