chapter 18

Every gear needs each other to work. If one malfunctions, the others stop.

Click

"Ten minutes!" Kai shouted holding a stopwatch.
"He just broke his own record the guy's in human!!"

The other boys had to double check the clock. The time had indeed been them minutes. The ninja rushed to the edge of the bounty and gazed into the ocean. Deep below the surface of the water, Zane was sitting, meditating on the ocean floor. A fish casually swam by and Zane looked at it and pet it. After it swam away, Zane pressed his feet against the sea floor and swam for the top.

Zane popped his head out of the water to breath.
"Haha! Amazing!" Cole said raising his hands in the air. Kai, Jay, Cole and Morro cheered for Zane holding his breath under water for 10 MINUTES.

"We're not worthy!" Jay said jokingly bowing.
"I broke the record?" Zane asked tedding water.
"You destroyed it!!" Kai pointed at the pocket watch he had.
"I don't even know how do this stuff!" Morro exclaimed.
"Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?" Jay asked.
"We've been training for so long; I don't think we can get any better! I mean, think of all the things we've accomplished!"

(Okay, I honestly don't know how to put in this next part, the montage thing, but just imagine them training and stuff. Kay, moving on!)

"Haha! You have been coming a long way! You know, from beating each other up to actually being a team! From relying on me, you can fight without me on your side!" Morro said in an encouraging way but also insulting a bit.

"The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential!" Zane suggested.
"Wait, Morro. What does full potential look like?" Cole asked.
"Ehh, I don't know. A first perspective view, you don't really see it." Morro shrugged.

In a separate room, Sensei Wu sheathed a golden katana in a red cloth. The five boys came in the room competing about their morning workouts.
"Sensei, what does true potential look lime if--" Cole started before realizing his intrusion. The ninja all had a look of sympathy and bowed.
"Our apologies, sensei." Zane said.
"We intruded your time." Morro said.

Sensei Wu packed his katana in a similar red box.
"I'm sorry if I've been distant lately." Sensei sighed.
"My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing."
Morro gazed at the floor avoiding the looks of the four other ninja.
"What can I help you with?" Sensei asked the five as he stared out of a window.

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training?" Cole asked.
"What if we've reached out true potential? What if we're ready?" He continued.
"Hmpf. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you have yet to reach your inner true potential. Just the other day, you four got a glimpse of Morro's true potential." Sensei said.

The four younger ninja looked at Morro and mentally said: "so that was your true potential."

"In each and every one on us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear, will your heart be free." Sensei finished.
Again, four ninja looked at Morro.
"Oh, I get it, you want me to tell you what my obstacle was, huh?" Morro crossed his arms. The four nodded.
Morro glanced back at his sensei.
"Another time. There's more isn't there?" Morro asked his mentor.

"When you have all unlocked your true potential, we may have a chance to stop the serpentine from releasing the great devourer." Sensei turned away from his students again.
"There's more to the great devourer than you've led on, isn't there sensei?" Zane asked walking up and putting a shoulder on Sensei Wu.

"I too, have obstacles within my own heart." Sensei sighed.
"There is a story I have never told any of you. Not even Morro."

Long ago, when I was a young boy...