chapter 24

The bounty was dark and quiet. It was early in the morning but still very dark, the sun wasn't up yet. Jay, Cole, Zane and Morro were on the deck.

There were decoys of serpentine and the ninja each knocked down a fair share of them.

Nya shined a bright light on the deck.
"Good training! Your powers are getting stronger." She said.
"But, where's kai?'

In another room, Kai found a green gi in a small cabinet. It was the gi of the green ninja.

Kai wore the green gi and shouted extatically.
"WHOOOOO-HOOOO!!!"

"Unlock fire! Uh, fire go! Shoot flames!" Kai spared with an invisible opponent in front of a mirror. He was hopping to unlock his true potential, as if this would help.

"Oh, come on! Everyone else can do it! So can you! Bring heat!!!" Kai shouted as he raised his fist in the air. Then kai herd laughter from behind him. He saw the other ninja's reflection.

"Very nice. Perhaps if you try "fire dork!" Maybe it might work." Cole said clapping.
"How long have you all been watching?!" Kai franticly took of the hood.

"The green ninja suit! That's so cool!" Jay exclaimed.
"Not. Cool. You aren't supposed to have that." Morro said.
"Well, I was looking for some kind of clue front Sensei then I found this." Kai explained.
"But you know, only he who is foretold to face Lord Garmadon is destined to be the green ninja." Zane said.
"And only he, should wear the green ninja outfit. So sensei would most likely be very--"

"I know, I know. But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my true potential!" Kai said.
"Dude, it doesn't work that way. None of us have unlocked our true potential by wearing special clothes?" Morro stated.

"I get it. It's not fair that you all have cool powers and I still haven't." Kai said.
"Besides, sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back."
Then they herd a door slide open.

"Hello? I'm home!"

It was sensei Wu!
"Sensei!" Four of them rushed while kai panicked and struggled to take of the gi.

"Ah, its so good to be home." Sensei sighed.
"So glad you're back!" Zane said.
"Thank goodness you're safe." Morro sighed in relief.
"Did you bring us anything?" Cole asked excitedly.
"Oh sensei, have you missed a lot!" Jay started.

"Zane's a nindroid, Nya's the mysterious samurai, Cole's a dancer--"
"Zane is a... What?" Sensei cut Jay off.
"You've been gone for a while. We'll catch you up later. But you should know, all of us except for Kai have discovered our true potential." Zane informed.

"Have you now? Where is Kai?" Sensei asked.
"Here!" Kai shouted as he ran onto the deck.
"Right here. So glad you're back safe."

Just as Kai said that, Lord Garmadon emerged from behind Sensei Wu.
"AAH! SENSEI, LOOK OUT!" Kai shouted. He jumped up and drawled his sword. Zane jumped in front of sensei to protect him. Kai tried to slash Garmadon but he dogged it.

"Ah! He's got four arms!" Everyone watched Kai jumped up again to go for another attack. Kai pinned Garmadon to the ground.
"Urg! So we meet again!" Garmadon pushed back Kai a bit.

"He must have followed you sensei!" Kai shouted.

"YOU IDIOT!"
Morro grabbed Kai's collar and pulled him back, off of Garmadon. Kai was thrown onto the ground.
"What are you doing!?" Morro yelled.
"Uh... Attacking....?" Kai responded.
"Why do you think he's even here!?" Morro shouted again.

"To take the golden weapons!!" Kai responded.
"Yeah, but don't you think the situation his SON is in he would be here for a different reason!!?" Morro shouted louder.