chapter 25

Kai ran out of the bridge, down the stairs and into the bottom hallway. He flipped his hood on then kicked open a door and slid in. In front of Kai, Lord Garmadon was standing there, all four weapons in his possession.

"I knew I couldn't trust you! You the if!" Kai immediately shouted.
"Foolish child. I look forward to teaching you a lesson." Garmadon turned around.

"This ends now!" Kai declared.

"Indeed!"

Kai ran at Garmadon and activated his spinjitzu.
"Ninja-go!!"

Gamadon jumped up to attack Kai.
The two clashed in the air and fell onto the floor.
"I'm alive...? I'm alive!" Kai shouted as he stood up.
"You need to be taught a lesson!" Garmadon growled.

The two ran at each other again, both fighters were able to get good hits on their opponent. Garmadon kicked kai back however, Kai used the wall and bounced back towards Garmadon, grabbing his helmet and flipping over him.

"Kai? You in here?"

Kai herd Nya's voice from down the hall. The rest of the gang walked behind her. Kai slammed the door to the room shut and went back to the fight.

Nya walked up and tried to spent he door.
"What are you doing?!" She yelled.
"Discovering my true potential!" Kai responded while being thrown onto the wall.

"Arg! The door won't budge!" Jay tried opening the door.
"Kai thinks he'll unlock his power if he stands up to Lord Garmadon!" Nya told the others.
"Why would he think that?" Zane asked.
"He won't let go of the fact that he believes he's the green ninja!" Morro shouted pushing Cole towards the door.

"I get it! I get it! We need to stop their fight before they rip each other to pieces!" Cole said.
"Stand back!" Cole's body surrounded with an orange aura and he used his extra strength to bust spent he door. Everyone ran into the room.

Kai was standing on top of Garmadon panting.
"I defeated him! I did it!" Kai shouted.
"Are my eyes glowing?! Did I unlock my powers?!" Everyone stared at Kai.

"Is this my true potential!....?" Kai fiddled with his hands.
"Argh! Why isn't it working!"

"IT ISN'T WORKING BEACAUSE THIS ISN'T THE SOLUTION!" Morro dragged Kai by his gi and pinned him to the wall.
"How many time do I have to tell you that Garmadon is our ally right now!?" Morro shouted still pinning Kai to the wall.

"You always jump to conclusions and never think first! At this rate you'll never--"

"Morro!" Sensei called out.
Morro looked back at his sensei.
He didn't say a word, but when their eyes met, Morro let go of Kai.

"Kai. This "battle" of yours was no victory. Garmadon had allowed himself to be defeated." Sensei Wu knelt down do help his brother.
"I wasn't going to hurt you boy. I was only fetching your weapons." Garmadon said to Kai.
"But you were trying to steal them!" Kai shouted back.

Morro was about to yell at Kai aging when sensei put up his arm to stop him.
"I asked him to get them. Perhaps it is best you do not reach your true potential, or someone could get hurt. And that includes you." Sensei said.

The other three ninja shook their heads at Kai in disappointment.
"Way to go, hero." Cole said.
Kai turned away. Nya went up to help Garmadon up.
"Let me help you." She said. Kai's anger boiled up.

The ship came to an abrupt stop.
"Sounds like we've finally reached our destination." Cole said.

"Hey are you okay?" Zane asked Morro. He simply turned away.
"Do not take your anger out on a comrade. Please. I know he may have angered you, but please calm down." Zane said. Morro sighed.