chapter 23

In the small village, Skales and Pythor emerged from under a manhole cover.

"It's here! I feel it!" Skales exclaimed joyously.
"Calm down!" Pythor said.
"There's no need to attract unwanted attention."

"Look! The ninja!" Skales pointed. The five were outside. The four boys practicing with Morro sitting on the ground watching.

Skales sighed.
"Now there's no chance to take it."
"Patience, we're snakes remember? They'll never see us coming." Pythor said as he held up the advertising poster.
"Hmmm. Open audition?" The two sank back down into the manhole.

-guess what? Back to the realm of madness-

The brothers were catching their breath after finishing the battle.
"The vortex back to Ninjago is just over that buff. Please, you first." Garmadon gestured to the peak of the mountain.

"Though we live in two different worlds, I still see good in your heart, brother." Wu approached the glowing blue light.
"The battle between our worlds is inevitable. You put too much trust in me." Garmadon pushed Wu from behind, however Wu grabbed onto the edge.

"But I came for your help to save your son. Did you lead me here to destroy me?" Wu questioned.
"See you on the other side." Garmadon stepped on Wu's hand making him gall into the vortex. Garmadon followed shortly after.

A random field in Ninjago, a bright blue light appeared in the sky. Wu appeared on the ground after a bright flash.
"I'm back, Ninjago!" Garmadon laughed evilly.

-omg, we're back in Ninjago-

The day of the talent show has come! The four ninja preforming were wearing stripped suits and hats that matched their colours, while Morro still sported his casual clothes.

"Then kick ball change, barrel roll, barrel turn, and we all do the double wings—" Cole instructed. Jay jumped too far and bumped into Kai.
"Ow! Dude you gotta follow me!" Jay said.
"Follow you? You're two beats off!" Kai said.

"Actually, 2.72 off of the beat." Zane stated.
"Zane that doesn't help." Morro said.

"Guys, guys! Let's not make this any harder than it needs to be. We just stick to the plan and keep up the charade until the trophy's revealed." Cole informed the others once more.

"Once we steal the Blade Cup, we can argue all we want once we get back home." Cole finished.
"But this is your hometown, Cole. Don't you want to try and win it?" Jay asked.
"ugh, they only dance step I wanna perform is called get-me-out-of-this-nuthouse-and-let's-burn-these-memories-from-my-head."
Cole said angerly.

"What?"

Cole and the other ninja turned around in shock. Lou had snuck up on them and herd their conversation.

"Dad... I--" Cole wanted to explain.
"You... You were going to steal it?!" Lou asked. Cole sighed.
"Dad, I didn't mean for you to hear that, but-but I'm glad you did. There's something I've been wanting to tell you."

"All these years, I haven't been training to be a singer or a dancer. I found something new that I'm really good at. Dad..." Cole used his spinjitzu to change back into his ninja gi.

"I'm a Ninja." Cole admitted. His father gasped.
"And the truth is, if we don't steal that Fangblade—I mean, Blade Cup—there's other people that will. Bad people. Serpentine." Cole took out the golden scythe from the case.

"And we need it to save the world. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but I'm proud of who I am, and I want you to be proud of me, too." Cole told his dad.

Lou frowned.
"I can't be proud of any son who thinks stealing is right. And I'm not gonna wait around to watch you make a mockery of our family's legacy."