Chapter 29

We must of fell asleep in the hospital bed with Ame, New Zealand snuggled in Ame's chest while he had an arm around both of us, drooling a bit as he slept. I smile slightly. Ame then yawns, moving around and waking up New Zealand. My lips curl up into a smile but can feel my dry cheeks from crying last night.

"Good morning." Ame's voice croaked. He went to sit up but hissed and grabbed his sides in pain.

"Are you okay!" I worryingly say.

"Yeah, yeah. Just sore" he replies laying back down. New Zealand hops off the bed grabbing a piece of paper, she came in with, and her stuffed sheep. Before she runs out the door I grab her arm.

"Come here, what would you like to eat?" I ask, putting her on my lap and grabbing the hospital menu. She looks at the menu and points at a familiar picture, a box of cereal, Weet-Bix to be more specific. I tickle her and she giggles, squirming around. I nod, then let her go. She runs out the door and I turn my gaze to Ame.

"So New Zealand wants cereal, what do you want? The doctor said no solid food also." I ask him, handing him the menu.

He sighed in annoyance when he heard he couldn't have solid food.

"Jell-O!" He perked up looking at me.

I chuckled, "okay but what's your main meal then?"

He furrowed his brows looking back at the menu. "Umm a soup will do." 

I nod and take the menu. I then grab the phone on the bed and dial the number that was on the menu.

"Hello, uh I'll have Weet-Bix, with a side of milk, a vegetable s-"

Ame stuck out his tongue.

"-sorry I mean chicken noodle soup with a side of Jell-O..." I put the phone to my chest.

"What drink do you want?" I ask him.

"Uhh...chocolate milk." He responds.

"...and chocolate milk. I will also have scrambled eggs with sausage. Thank you, goodbye." I say into the phone, ending the call. There was a silence between us as Ame looked out the window.

"Where do you think New Zealand ran off to?" I ask him breaking the silence.

He shrugs, mumbling a sound that sounded like "I don't know."

I turn to where Ame was staring at, he watched cars drive past the window, and the trees rustle in the wind. It was the middle, almost end of autumn, funny that we started this adventure in the beginning of autumn, it's been so long. But the cars triggered memories of what happened, I was going to say to be more careful but that back fired when we were camping out while he was sick, so I stayed quiet.

"Life is strange." He mutters.

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"We've been searching for happiness this whole time, it's the whole reason we left, the reason we keep leaving and keep going. We left to gain the happiness we deserve, but ever since we left everything has gone down hill. But I think I finally figured it out, we were trying to search for something that's already there. Like when you try to find your keys but they are in your hands, so you'll never find it until you realize. This is kind of like that..we've always had happiness together; being able to be happy around each other and friends. I guess that's how we survived so long. And then we couldn't see that so we went searching just to realize we already have it, together. I think maybe we should stop worrying about where to run and more of where to stay together, where to be together. Y'know." He says still staring out the window. This time I didn't have a reply. I've been so focused on what's wrong instead of what's right, or what we have already. I'm not upset we left, but I kept pushing us to keep running, leaving, to find something we already had. You will never find something you already have, you just have to realize it's there.

I smile, to be honest I've never heard something so smart slip out of Ame's lips. I huff confidently.

"Okay we're going to find Aussie! Sort out our problems we already have and not cause anymore. And then we're going to stop searching, stop leaving, and embrace the happiness we share together. Because with no more problems we can focus on being together, as a family. We could all finally be at peace..." I say confidently. 

The perfect family I've always dreamed of, we could be that in our own happy way.

I stare at the ceiling, finally being thankful for my life. And even though my life has been no where close to normal or perfect, I'm still happy to be alive and with the ones I love the most.

New Zealand's p.o.v

I left the room quickly, I really want to get back to Mrs. Grenada! I couldn't wait to learn more sign language!

I skip over to the room and Mrs. Grenada waved to me. I smiled and walked over.

"Okay, this is Nepal. He was formed with a flag deformity so he is here to be able to fix his face so he can eat, breathe, see, and talk normally. He will be your partner today, because of his deformity he can sign with you." She smiled sweetly and pushed a shy kid towards me. He face was weird, sure, but I thought it looked really cool! He had bandages on his face so I couldn't see all of it. His flag actually reminded me of a shark or a piranha, I've never seen anyone like him.

"You're so cool!" I signed to him looking off my paper.

He looked away flattered and signed back, "Thank you." 

We talked and did crafts together. He was real good at art. I learned more sign language also.

When it was time to go I waved Nepal goodbye and the Mrs. Grenada finally brought me to Ame's hospital room. Today's event was shorter due to it being a weekday.

I walked into the room and Ame and Canada were eating. Canada slid my bowl of Weet-Bix to me and I started eating. I looked to Canada and started signing the new animal I learned today, Kiwi. I smirked at Canada's confused face, finally I have a secret language!

"What's that?" Ame signed back to me.

Dang it...

"What is happening?" Canada said confused. 

"Sign language." Ame replied.

"You know sign language?" Canada responded confused still.

"At the playgrounds I used to sit underneath the slide and it had a sign language board, if you put something in front of me, chances are I will end up using and/or doing it. Also I only know a little, I don't sign fluently." Ame informed Canada who nods.

"You won't use it if someone tells you to though." Canada muttered

"What?" Ame asked not hearing him.

"Nothing!" Canada said defensively. "So how do you know know New Zealand?" He asked.

I showed him my paper and he nodded again.

"Kiwi..I like the ring to it. Huh, how about your nickname be Kiwi!" Ame smiled making me smile. I didn't really care how they addressed me.

"Okay it's settled, New Zealand's nickname is now Kiwi!" Ame shouted a little too happy.

================================================================================

So I they finally decide to stop running away; I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Only 3 chapters left! Also thank you so much for 10K, I still can't believe it! Ahh it means the world to me so thank you so much. Thank you for reading my story, thanks for the silly comments that make me laugh and the beautiful fan art, Thank you for everything, and have a great day or night and stay safe.

Word Count: 1317