Chapter 30

Australia's p.o.v

I groan, trying to cover the light beaming onto my face with my hands. Why did there have to be a window above the T.V.! Nobody bothered to turn off the T.V. last night so whatever was playing became a soft buzzing in the back of my head.

Finally letting myself get defeated by the sunlight, I yawn and stretch, slipping out of Phil's grasp. It was a peaceful morning, so quiet. I jump on the counter and open up cabinets until I found the bowls. I slide off the counter carefully and opened their pantry. I hoped they didn't mind me digging through their pantry. I found corn flakes, which I don't usually eat, but food is food to me, sometimes. I pour the cereal into a bowl before grabbing the milk jug out of the fridge. It was a bit heavy but I carefully poured it in the bowl, cleaning off spots on the table where I missed.

I put my bowl on the table that faced the T.V. and grabbed a spoon. I ate the cereal sloppily while watching the T.V. It seemed like normal news, nothing special. If I could find the remote I'd change the channel but I'm pretty sure Malay was laying on it. It was only the sound of the T.V., me, and birds chirping outside.

I half-watched the T.V. until something caught my eye. I made sure to listen carefully, hushing the sound of my crunching.

"Alright, back to Denmark." A news reporter said.

"Haha, thank you Norway. A terrible event occurred just yesterday in downtown Pangea! A little boy about the age of 13 got hit by a car, locals say it was terrifying. Going to Iceland who's at the scene right now." A second news reporter who I assumed was Denmark explained.

"Ah, yes. A boy, which his brothers call 'Ame'"- I tried everything to not spit out the cereal in my mouth all over the table. My heart beat fastened as my eyes stayed glued to the screen. I dropped the spoon into the bowl out of shock, it splashed some milk on the table. -"was hit by a car yesterday and is now being hospitalized. In downtown Pangea a car was coming by and hit the little boy. We interviewed some locals who were there when it happened." The man who I think was Iceland said and it felt like I forgot how to breathe.

The screen switched to a interview that was filmed this morning. "The little boy, like, pushed another littler girl out of the way and -boom! A car hit the poor boy." A stranger explained, moving their hands to exaggerate the story. I cringed at every word.

Then the screen switched to Canada who was sitting in the Hospital waiting room, he was sweating and darting his eyes back in forth.

"Who was he in relation to you?" Someone asked him.

"He's my brother." Canada replied sadly.

"Do you know his intentions of running out in the middle of the road?" The same reporter asked.

"I do not." Canada said softly with a hint of sorrow in his voice.

"How do you feel about what happened, some locals said you went crazy when it happened?" The man asked once again.

Canada chuckled nervously and paused, "conflicted..." was all he replied before they went back to Denmark. I jumped up and hurried to the screen, wanting to see my siblings again. I tremble in front of the screen.

But I take deep breaths in case of accidentally switching. I then walked over to Malay and cuddled into his chest, trying to stay brave and hold back tears. He opened his eyes and looked at me, also waking Indo in the process.

"Are you okay kid?" Malay asked in a sort of worried voice.

"What is that channel?" I ask pointing to the T.V.