Chapter fourteen

This might be the last chapter I publish, because it'll be ramadan; but hopefully I finish chapter fifteen before it starts.

*

Chapter fourteen: Because of the important question.

***

We were sitting in a diner that was unfamiliar to me. "Dad used to bring us here, because the other diners were close to you."

"Why didn't he want us to know about each other?" I asked.

"He told us why, he said he didn't want my mom to be rude to both your mom and you," he licked his lips. "Because my mom is a bitch, when I turned eighteen, I moved in with my best friend because of her."

"What about your brother? What's his name? How old is he?" I asked.

"His name is Oliver, he is 20 years old, I'm still close with him, and he's in college and has a dorm," he said while shoving pancakes. Noah looked at Chase, "dude, you haven't said a word ever since we stepped into the diner."

"She bro zoned me, not even friend zoned me!" He exclaimed.

"Why are you still haunted by that?" Noah furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because we used to be together," Chase said. "Scar, I'm your brother?"

"I was joking, Chase," I laughed.

"Wait, you guys dated before?" Noah narrowed his eyes at Chase and I.

"Yes," Chase nodded.

"Why did you break up?" He asked.

"Because Chase was a douchebag, he lied to me, he hurt me," I said.

"Physically?" Noah's eyes darkened.

"No, no!" I shook my head. "Mentally, he blamed me for shit I didn't do, and yeah... he fucked me up."

Before we knew it, hell, before we could stop it. Noah's fist was in contact with Chase's face, oh god; he just punched Chase. Chase shrieked in pain as blood came out of his nose.

"What the fuck!" Chase exclaimed.

"I wasn't there before, I couldn't punch you," Noah shrugged. "Anyway, dad never told us about you, we only knew about your mom, we thought they didn't have a child."

I helped Chase wipe the blood off his nose, "did dad spend quality time with you?"

"Yes, he did," he nodded. "He tried spending time with us, as much as he could."

"I'm glad," I smiled. "I was really close to both of them, it took me years to stop crying whenever I remember them."

"I understand," he nodded. "They'd be so proud of you, trust me."

"I hope so," I sighed. "I didn't do anything to make them proud of me."

"You survived," Noah placed his hand above mine. "And that is something some teenagers can't do, they give up quickly."

"Many teenagers kill themselves, that doesn't mean that they gave up without trying," I clarified. "Many have it way worse."

"What could be worse than losing both your parents?" He asked.

"When the parents lose their child," I swallowed hard. "Or when the mother loses her husband and her kid, like how Vanessa lost Kobe and Gigi."

"I think both are the same, Scar," Chase spoke. "Losing a parent, losing a child."

"Vanessa lost her husband who was with her since high school, and she lost her daughter. Gianna's sisters lost their father and lost their sister," I teared up. "Why are we comparing what's worst? I mean, everything is horrible, losing someone is tough."

"It is, so let's change the topic," Noah hummed. "How's school?"

"It's fine, I guess," I shrugged. "I have friends, I'm almost a straight A student, and I'm just a normal teenage girl."

RIIING RIIING RINNNG

We were interrupted by a small buzzer from Noah's phone, he checked it and his eyes widened. "I have to go to work, something is wrong."

"Okay, well, I'll talk to you tonight," I nodded.

"Of course," he nodded. "I will call you once this is over."

We stood up and hugged each other, he grabbed his jacket and he insisted to pay for our meals.

***

A couple of days have passed by, and I went out with Noah four times, excluding the diner with Chase. We got to know each other pretty well, and we still did not tell Eleanor that I knew I had brothers.

I was sitting next to Joey, we were watching sponge bob, when my phone rang; interrupting us. I placed it on my ears without checking the caller ID.

"Hey, sis," Noah said through the phone.

"Oh, hey," I smiled.

"Can we meet up? I have a really important question to ask you."

"Now?"

"Yep, better now than later."

"I'll meet you at the park."

"Ok, see you in ten?"

"Make it fifteen."

We said our see you's, and Joey looked at me. "Meeting a friend?"

"Yeah, I'll be home before nine, I promise," I kissed Joey's cheek, and went up to wear something appropriate for the park.

***

I arrived at the park, I looked around the park to find Noah, and I found him standing under a tree. I walked to him, and greeted him. His eyes lit up when he saw me, and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a hug.

"Sis," he smiled as he pulled away. "How are you?"

"I am good, how are you?" I asked.

"I am nervous," he bit his lip.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Because of the important question," he sighed.

"And what is it?" I asked.

"Will you move in with me?"

***

Will she say yes? Will she say no? Or will she think about it?

Thank you for reading and thanks for @ridge15 for commenting!:)) Really made me happy!!!

Please vote and comment!!