Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen: I am very hard to please.

***

I stood behind the door, not ready to leave, not yet. Because, I said goodbyes to everyone except for one person. The most important person. It's like past is repeating itself.

"Chase is not here," Leo said, walking down the stairs. "I'm sorry, Scar."

"I'll send him the address, maybe he'll visit me someday," I shrugged like it was no big deal. I hugged them all one last time, as I made my way to Noah's car. I thought he was okay with me moving.

"I want to go there and introduce myself, but I'm too awkward to do that," Noah said, helping me put the bags in the trunk of the car.

"Just wave at them," I shrugged. He waved at them, and a smile spread over my face at the look of the family waving back and laughing at how stupid Noah looked. "I'll introduce you to them later."

"Are you ready?" He asked. "You know, to move in with me and leave them."

"I am here, aren't I?" I chuckled at his question. If I weren't, I wouldn't have tired myself.

"Then, what are waiting for?"

"The bags to be put in the trunk," I replied with a smirk on my face.

"Thank you for stating the obvious," he said. When everything was in the bag, I waved goodbye to the people who were still watching us. I got into the car, and buckled up.

I watched as Noah run to them, and shake their hands with them. He was talking to them, and he ran to the car. He got into the car, and looked at led

"I hope you enjoy staying with me," he said as soon as he started the car.

"Hopefully, I am very hard to please," I joked.

"That's wh-" he got interrupted by my ringtone.

I'm gonna love you till my lungs give out,
I promise till death we part;
Like in our vows,
So I wrote this song for you,
Now everybody knows;
That it's just you and me,
Until we're gray and old...
Just say you won't let go. 

I slowly read the Id caller, I did not want to answer him somehow.

"Aren't you going to pick that up?" He looked at my phone.

"Not important," I shrugged.

"If you say so," he focused his eyes back on the road.

***

Walking into the unfamiliar condo, it smelled kind of nice, the scent of vanilla went through my nostrils, and I loved it. The walls were colored in cadet gray, the living room was across the main door, and next to the living room; there was a kitchen, it walls were light blue and every object was plain white. He tried, at least.

I entered the room that was next to the kitchen, "that's the bathroom."

"Oh, sorry," I chuckled.

"Follow me," we placed the bags on the floor while we went up the stairs. "Your room is just across from mine, next to you is Oliver's room when he visits, and that is my room."

He pointed at a brown door that was across from my room.

"Oh, thanks," I smiled.

"By the way, Oliver is visiting this weekend," he said. "And since it's your first weekend here, I think it'll be best if you stayed here than have a sleepover with those guys."

"I wasn't planning to go there in the weekend anyway," I shrugged. "I want to meet Oliver, did you tell him about me?"

"Yeah, that's why he's coming," he nodded.

"I have to unpack now, I have school tomorrow," I groaned.

"Speaking of school, don't you think it's better if you moved to a closer school?" Noah asked.

"It's not that far, and besides; all my friends are there, and I'm not good at making friends," I shrugged.

"It's a thirty minutes drive till there," he replied. "I think it's a good idea, think about it."

"I will," I nodded.

I won't. Moving there means leaving my friends behind, it all meant that I had to move on, and I didn't want to move on.

***

I don't think this was a short chapter, was it? It was, smh.

Where was Chase? Was he hiding because he did not want to say goodbye to Scarlett?

Thank you for reading!!

Please vote and comment 🥺🥺