Chapter twenty-six

So since today is the funeral, Chase has to have a p.o.v, right?

Chapter twenty six: Chase's p.o.v

***

I opened my eyes slowly, and stared at the plain ceiling. I'm really grateful that Scarlett came with me, it's like she knew that I wouldn't have gone to the funeral or got through these days without her.

I wish this was just a dream, it's all ending so soon, and he didn't deserve it. He was doing so much better, god didn't give him a chance to relive his life.

It was tearing me apart just thinking about him, I talked to him before his death in two days. When you live miles away from each other, it's hard to keep talking, because we both were busy, but we always knew that we'd be there for each other.

The last thing I told him might sound cheesy, but he was telling me about a guy he met, and how scared he was to approach him since he's scared to get hurt. He told me that he couldn't wait to tell me about him, and I told him I'll never be out of reach, you can tell me about him when we see each other soon.

I never got to see him again though.

I got up and headed to the bathroom, I showered, and once I was done, I got dressed. I wore my black suit, i cringed when I saw myself in the mirror. Not a tie person.

Most nights I pray for you to come back.

I looked at myself, that guy standing there wasn't me, he had puffy eyes, they looked swollen. I can't hold it in anymore, he was my best friend, and this just sucked.

I woke Scar up to tell her to get ready, she got up and ran to the bathroom. I went downstairs to see Rachel and Karen sitting on the couch, they were waiting for us, because they were ready.

Twenty five minutes later, Scar finally decided to finish as she walked down the stairs. She was wearing a black dress that reached above her knees, and she made me drool over her. Nice.

She looked like an angel, and I couldn't stop staring

She looked like an angel, and I couldn't stop staring. I heard Karen cough, I motioned for Scar to hold my hand and she did. I squeezed her hand, two times, and she assured me that everything would be okay by squeezing back.

We made our way to the van, waiting for us outside. We got in the car, and we buckled up. Scar sat next to me as she placed her hand on my thigh, and my eyebrows raised because I was shocked.

We stayed quiet until we reached, Scar gave me the 'I'm here' look as we got out of the car. I smiled, and I nodded at her.

We linked arms as we made our way to the funeral where it took place in Cameron's grandmother's house, because her house was big enough to fit over one hundred people. See, Cameron never realized that he had people who care about him. Hell, even his parents were here, the ones who put him through shit. I couldn't control my facial expression when I saw them, I was glaring at them, and they caught that. I mouthed a 'fück you' to them, and they gasped.

Homophobic bitches.

I took a seat next to Cameron's cousin, and Scar sat next to me, while Karen, Robert, and Rachel sat way back. It was Cameron's mother's turn to speak, and she pretended to care for her son.

His father spoke as well as his sister, and right after his sister; it was my turn.

I stood up and looked at Scar for reassurance, and she smiled at me.

I'll do good.

I stood in front of them with the mic in front of me, I laughed.

"You guys are some tall people, how's the weather up there?" I tried to joke at first to calm myself, I lowered the mic a bit to my height, it wasn't that much of a different but it did annoy me. "This was a joke I kept telling Cam every time I'd see him, and he'd just punch my arm, for a tall man; he's weak. However, he was strong enough to pass what had happened to him, I mean his- his parents made a mistake by letting him go because of who he was, and he almost killed himself more than three times, I lost count...

I remember going to the hospital, and finding him in the hospital bed, I wanted nothing but to take away the pain. His parents wanted him to change, but like I said, Cam was strong enough not to. I'm actually surprised that you two had the audacity to come up here, and talk about your son like you give a damn about him, when you actually don't. You weren't there to hold him when he broke down, you weren't there to support him, you weren't there when he had nobody, you weren't there when he needed someone to hold him and tell him that everything will be okay and it's alright to be different XX but I'm glad Rach was there to pick up the pieces you broke.

Nobody ever knew what we did, what we shared. Cameron, if you're here with us, this is for you...

I wish I would've been there for you more than I did when you were here, I wish I visited you more often, wishes are wishes, and most of them don't come true. The feelings I'm feeling right now, they can't be put into words. I can't go back in time to tell you how amazing, and how strong you are- were. I cannot believe that this is real, and I don't think I'll ever believe it. It's the end and I'm still confused about everything. You were my best friend, and I know I won't be able to forget you, not that I want to, but how can I move on when there's something bothering me in my heart?

I cannot believe that the end is here, this was supposed to last longer, you were just on the road of healing and then suddenly, you die? That's crazy, it feels so surreal. When you tried committing a suicide for the fifth time, I came to you and you told me 'please don't go', people started thinking that we were together. *laughed*. If only I wasn't straight, I would've maybe dated you. My parents won't mind. I told you not to give up yet, you did not give up on life, life gave up on you, I guess life was hurt that you were trying to get rid of it, so it took you away from us.

Cameron, I'll tell you about everything when I'll see you soon, I'll tell you more about Scarlett, I'll tell you more about my family, I'll tell you more about everything that will happen to me in the future, just wait for it. Charlie Puth once said so let the light guide your way, hold every memory as you go, and every road you take; will always lead you home.

See you soon, Cam."

My speech was the longest even though I did not read what Scarlett wrote, she worked hard for it and I did not read it. When I'm standing here, there were so many words that I wanted to say, and I said it. I said everything, and that made me happy. Somehow, relaxed.

I watched as the people stood up and clapped for me, they do that in funerals too?

I looked at Scarlett and she had a huge grin on her face, it's like I did something. I walked to her, and did something I never expected to do.

This is for you, Cameron.

You kept teasing me about still loving Scar?

Here's to prove to you,

That I do still love Scarlett and I never stopped loving her.

I cupped her cheeks with my hands, and leaned in. I crushed my lips into hers, and I didn't care if she wanted it or not, I just wanted to feel her lips against mine again.

***

OH MY GOD THEY KISSED AHHH!! WELL HE KISSED HER! THAT WAS THE LONGEST SPEECH EVER LIKE WHAT?!

AND YOU SAW HOW HE TREATED CAMERON'S PARENTS? I HAD TO LMAO!!

Thank you guys :((

Please vote and comment 🥺🥺