Chapter thirty-one

Chapter thirty one: Do not smile at me.

***

Noah was cooking dinner, his eyes shifted to me, I was lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. "What's wrong?"

"Leo and Chase moved to my school today," I frowned.

"Why are you sad? I thought you wanted them to come?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Things between Chase and I weren't good, and someone asked me to be his girlfriend in front of him," I looked up again at the ceiling.

"Hold up, what? You have a boyfriend? And you didn't tell me?" He gasped. "Scarlett Adams, you're in big trouble."

"It's not what you think," I rolled my eyes.

"What do you mean it's not what I think?! YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE I DON'T EVEN KNOW! AND WHAT? YOU'VE BEEN IN THIS SCHOOL FOR A MONTH AND TWO WEEKS! EXPLAIN!" He yelled at me.

This was the first time.

"I-" I got interrupted by my phone ringing. I didn't even check the Id, and I answered it. Noah was so pissed that he went up to his room, and I heard the door slam. Drama queen.

"Hello?" I said.

"Scarlett," Jared chuckled. "Let me take you on a date tomorrow night, please?"

"That was straight forward, and no, Jar, this is fake, okay? I have to tell Chase, it's hurting me more that he thinks this is real," I sighed. "I don't want to hurt Chase, that's the reason why I didn't want to be with him."

"Wait, what? Can you meet me now and please explain to me the whole Chase thing?"

"Just come over to my house, and I'll tell you everything."

***

"Come in," I opened the door widely to let Jared in. He walked in with a confusing look on his face, and he looked tired. "Why do you look tired?"

"It's nothing," he shrugged. "Can we talk about him now?"

"Come u-"

"Who's that?" Noah walked down the stairs. "Oh, wait, that's probably your boyfriend."

"I'm Jared," he smiled at Noah.

"Do not smile at me," Noah growled.

"Noah, be nice," i said with a warning tone. "Just come up with me to my room."

"Oh, hold up! Where do you guys think you're going?" Noah asked.

"To my bedroom," I replied.

"You're staying here where I can see you, I don't want my little sister pregnant when she's known the guy for what? A month, maybe?" Noah roared.

"Actually, we-"

I interrupted Jared, "yeah, a month which is long enough."

"Look, Scar, I really want to know more about that guy," Jared hissed.

"Why would you even care?" I glared at him.

"I can't let an unwanted guy to come between you and I!"

"Since when was there you and I?" I asked.

"Since the day I started catching feelings for you," his eyes softened.

"Dude, it's okay! Noah, Jared is not really my boyfriend," I admitted.

"I don't care if your brother knows or not, Scar, it's true! I'm catching feelings for you," he said.

"Don't," I shook my head. "This fake thing between us, it's over, and I'm sorry but if we really got together, I won't love you as much you want me to love you, because someone-"

Oh my god, I still love Chase.

I love Chase, and this thing between Jared and I just proved to me that.

"What am I doing here?" I groaned, I pushed him out of the way, and ran to the car.

I didn't go to Chase's house, I stayed in the car, because my heart still didn't know what to do.

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me,

This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy,

Someone you loved played in the radio, I breathed out as listened to every lyric. How ironic.

I need somebody to heal,
Somebody to know,
Somebody to have,
Somebody to hold,

It's easy to say,
But it's never the same,
I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain,

Now the day bleeds into nightfall,
And you're not here to get me through it all,
I let my guard down,
And they you pulled the rug,

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.

***

Short chapter but it didn't feel right to let Scar with Jared. I hated it.

I swear to god, it's like reading someone else's story, not mine, and the whole time I'm away from this book; my mind keeps coming back to this book, and how it bothered me.

I can't 😭😭😭

Do you guys believe Jared?

Does he really like her?

Anyway,

Thank you!!

Please vote and comment 🥺🥺