Chapter twenty-two

Chapter twenty two: he makes me, me.

***

"Scarlett, I was insecure, I hated myself back then, and I thought the only way to make me love myself is to try to love someone else," he explained. "You saw how I looked back then, awful. Even Leo was shocked when you told him that you were dating me, man, when people saw me with you, they were shocked and they started treating me better than they used to."

I kept staring at him, what he was saying was unbelievable.

"People used to judge me for how I looked, and you're the only person who didn't and I took advantage of that, I am so sorry," he looked down, a frown forming on his face. He seemed genuinely sad, and he seemed to tell the truth because tears were falling from his eyes. "I understand if you do not believe me or care or forgive me, but I just want you to know that I am so so sorry."

"Fine, I forgive you," I shrugged.

"Really?" His eyes lit up.

"Sure, I mean.. why not? I can't hold a grudge against you forever, can I?" I smiled slightly.

"Friends?" He bit his lip and that proved to me that he was nervous.

"Sure, but we'll take it slow," I nodded.

"Since I've known you for a long time, tell me how the hell did you find a brother?" He asked. I knew he was going to ask that question, and I gave him all the answers.

***

I was sleeping when I heard footsteps, I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. I looked outside, and it looked like it was noon. I checked my phone, and it turned out to be 11:34 A.M, so I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Once I was done, I left my bedroom and I was so sleepy that I bumped into someone. I thought it was Noah so I ignored him, and continued to walk downstairs.

"Stop," the unfamiliar voice said, I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned around. A light brown haired guy stood in front of me, he had the brightest blue eyes, and his lashes were long. Jealous.

"May I help you?" I asked. "Noah's probably still sleeping, so you might want to visit later."

"What?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What? Aren't you Noah's friend?" My eyes widened. "I am calling the police!"

I ran downstairs as fast as I could, and dialed 911. I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned around. "One step closer and I'll punch you."

"You're Scarlett, right?" He asked. "Do not call the police, I am Oliver, Noah probably told you about me."

Oliver.

"Oh my," I quickly pressed the red button on the bottom of the phone. "Sorry, but you look nothing like Noah."

"I get that a lot," he nodded. "And it's because I think I look more like the people from dad's side, that's what I've been told."

"Yeah, you have the same features as my grandpa," I nodded.

"I only saw him once, maybe twice," he shrugged. He sat on the gray couch, and he looked up at me.

"I am sorry," I mumbled.

"It's not your fault," he shook his head. "Come here, sit next to me."

I sat next to him, "it's still weird that you are actually my brother."

"I know, I never had a sister," he chuckled. "How's living with Noah?"

"It's okay," I shrugged.