Chapter thirty-six

Chapter thirty six: Chase, hold me.

***

I felt as if the world was spinning around, and I couldn't breathe at all. They were all watching me, but I felt like I was in my own world. I felt dizzy.

"Scar?"

"Scarlett!"

They were calling me, but the voices inside were louder. I started screaming, and the tears streamed down my face. I felt like I was standing on the edge, waiting to fall and die. I felt like I've been living a lie, it felt like the time has stopped, and that I was alone in a crowded room.

A million thoughts ran in my head, because of the news I received, the two boys I called 'family' were lying to me the whole time, and all along the only family I had was the family that opened their arms to me, and when I ran to them; they were there for me. I didn't know what I was feeling, it felt like a dream. More like a nightmare.

I felt alone, i felt heavy, my heart was hurting, it was aching. I opened my mouth to breathe, but still; I was screaming so hard.

"Scar, please calm down," I heard Leo say.

"Scarlett, you'll be okay, everything will be okay," Eleanor sniffled.

"Scar, look at me," Chase placed a finger on my chin, and lifted my head up to meet his eyes. "I'm here, we're all here for you, listen to my voice."

He took one moment to look around my face, and he knew I was breaking inside. Breaking hard.

"Scar, it's hard I know, but we're all here for you, I'm never leaving you, I cross my heart," Chase said. "I know that the pain is killing you, but it's going to get better, I... you have a father now, spend time with him, help him remember how amazing you are, it's not his fault he lost his memory, he suffered. Oliver and Noah only wanted what's best for you, well, they thought that's what's best for you, but you can't blame them for their mother's mistake. Noah called the police, and we all know that they should've done it years ago, but they were scared. Whatever happens, if anything goes wrong, I'll be here for you to hold onto."

I calmed down with his words, he was telling me what I wanted to hear. 

"Chase, hold me," I cried, as he wrapped his arms around me, I was stiff, he tightened his arms around me, I leaned against his chest, and sobbed. I wrapped my arms around him, he buried his head between my neck.

"I'm here, I'll always be here," he whispered in my ears.

"I know," I mumbled.

"And you can stay over for a couple of days, okay? And you can think about it, okay?"

"Okay," I nodded.

"Scar, we love you and we want what's best for you," Oliver said. "And if you want to live with them again, we'll understand."

"No, I'm staying here," I pulled away from the hug. "But where will dad live?"

It's still weird for me to call him dad, damn.

"Scarlett," the tall man said. "I'll buy a new house close to Chase's, Noah and Oliver can come and live with us if they want."

"So, I'll live with... you?" My eyes widened.

"Only if you want to," he shrugged. "There you'd be closer to the family that raised you."

"B-but you don't remember me," bawled.

"We'll start a new chapter, dear," dad wrapped his arms around me.

"The doctor told my mom the only way that dad could bring back the memories, is to help him remember them," Noah spoke. "My mom refused to take him anywhere that might help him remember anything about his past."

"I have a couple of things that might help you remember," I said, I ran up to my room, and opened the drawer, I grabbed the small green box that carried the memories. I walked downstairs, and sat on the couch. Dad sat next to me, and he was watching me open the box.

A knock on the door interrupted us, the police finally arrived. Noah opened the door, and he greeted them. Three men walked in, and they asked for Melissa Smith. Melissa put her hands up as she looked at me, but her eyes weren't showing anger, her eyes were telling me how sorry she was, her eyes showed sadness. "I am so sorry, Scarlett, I didn't think it through."

I shook my head, "sorry won't bring back the past, it's hard for me to forgive a woman like you, I don't I'll ever forgive you in my life, I can't forgive you."

"You don't have to forgive me, at least I said my apologies," she sighed. The police hand cuffed her, and she looked at her sons. "Visit me sometime."

"Of course, mama," Oliver hugged her, and when she looked at Noah, hoping for him to hug her.

He shook his head, "there's no way I'm hugging a woman who was supposed to care and love us."

"But I do," she cried. "I do care, I do love you."

"If you really loved us or cared for us, you wouldn't have separated an innocent daughter from her father, you have no idea what you put Scar through," Noah snapped. "Imagine if her mom took us away from you, what would you do? Watch?"

"Noah," she spoke.

"Do not even start," Noah spat. "You're dead to me."

***

After a little bit of talking, I decided to stay here until who knows when.

I was sitting next to Chase, and my head was leaning on his chest.

"I feel a little bit bummed out, even though i shouldn't," Joey frowned. "I'm happy for you that you found your father, but I'm not going to walk you down the aisle or have the father and daughter dance with you."

"I can always walk down the aisle with two fathers," I smirked. "And I'll still dance with you to the song I picked."

"Now I'm relieved," Joey grinned.

"Chase," I looked at Chase. "My dad carried me out of the house at 1:45 A.M, why do you wake me up at 1:45 A.M?"

Chase smirked, as he looked around the room. "Figured that you'd ask that question, who do you think called the cops?"

***

What do you guys think of this chapter?

This is almost the end, because the next chapter will only be flashbacks.

And yes, there will be an epilogue.

Thank you 🙏

Please stay safe and if you live in USA, please be careful and never stop protesting until your voices have been heard.

Please vote and comment!!

#BLACKLIVESMATTER