Prologue

"Father? Is it really alright for me to live? Kousuke and the others, they died because they protected me! I should have... I should have protected them as well!" I cried as I watch the van burst into flames. My heart constricted at the thought of not seeing them again. Odasaku glances back at me and pulled me into a tight hug. I knew he was crying hard because his tears reached my eyes. It was the pain we will forever carry.

"I'm not going to let this end here. Hina, listen to me. I need you to go to that bar I frequented. I'm sure you already know where. Tell the master that I sent you there, and here. Protect yourself with this. Be very careful with your abilities. I love you." He kissed the top of my head. I was startled by his request that I asked if he was serious.

"Yes. Now, go! You do not need to be part of this. I will keep you safe. You are my precious child." He whispered, but I was still able to hear it. I shook my head and desperately clung to him.

"No! I don't need you gone. I don't need anyone else but you! Please don't leave me. I don't want to wake up in the darkness again." I cried. My pleas fell into deaf ears. Just then, I felt a harsh pain on my neck. Odasaku rendered me unconscious. Crying, I whispered back.

"No more deaths, please." It was then that I lost sight of everything.

I woke up the next day on an unfamiliar couch. I was covered with a familiar beige coat. Father had already left and tears once again trickled down my chin.

"Ability: All Seeing Eyes." I closed my eyes and saw my Father racing towards some place. There were a lot of gunned man, but he killed them like they were nothing. I did not fear this side of him, for humans are born to live and die. If this was the path he had chosen, who am I to interrupt.

"End it." I whispered. I rose from my bed and exited the room. I was in the bar where Father would always go with his friends. He told me stories about them. I was glad that despite his life being thrown in disarray, he was able to live a life filled with both darkness and light.

The master, finally noticing my presence, turned towards me and gave me a juice to drink. I accepted it and thought if I could see him one last time before he goes. Nodding, I slid off the chair and told the master that despite Odasaku's warnings, I will see him off.

"Be careful out there, young lady."

It took me about an hour to reach that place. There was a bloodbath. I was barefooted, and I could feel the coldness of the blood that pooled the area. I walked upstairs and saw his body cradled in the arms of a bandaged man. He, too, was crying.

"Goodbye, Father." I knew he heard me because he smiled and finally closed his eyes. Walking towards the man, I looked at my father's peaceful look and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I know you'll see them up there. Don't worry, I will live my life to the fullest." I muttered.

The man who was cradling him stopped crying and looked at me. I did not know if he was a co-worker or not, but I was glad that he cared for Odasaku up until the end .

"Who are you?" He asked. I smiled.

"I'm Oda Hinatsuri. Thank you for not leaving my father up until the end. You have a kind heart, Mister." Those words changed our lives. For the better or worse, I did not know. The future was not set in the stars.

=END=