1 | home

"I'm home," you spoke as you opened the door of your home.

"Welcome home," you heard Wakatoshi's voice from afar.

"Toshi-kun," you raised your voice as soon as you finished removing your shoes.

"Y/N-chan," he responded, ironically in his usual monotone.

You walked around your house, guessing that he's in your bedroom. You were eager to be in the warmth of Wakatoshi's embrace for the first time this day, after your long tiring work.

You got married a few months after your graduation so before you knew it, you were already loaded with work while Wakatoshi's schedule gradually got filled by almost only training and matches. Now, the occurrences of you leaving earlier than his waking hours was unfortunately happening more often because of it.

You heard his footsteps from the short hallway of your house. As soon as you spotted his familiar figure, you quickened your pace and hugged your husband in your arms, almost as if you've been apart for months. He was taken aback by your sudden hug but you felt his arms around you either way.

"Did something happen at work?" he asked you with a hint of concern on his stoic tone.

"No, not really, I just missed your hug," you answered in a muffled voice.

He swayed his hand on your hair and you looked up to see him.

"I missed your face too," you added in a mumble.

"Huh?" he titled his head, perhaps what you said was inaudible.

"Nothing," you shook your head and smiled.

"Well then, let's eat. I bought dinner," he told you.

You two headed to the dining room with a table a little too big for just the two of you. You remembered how much your mother insisted on a bigger table and how she told you she'd visit often. She even joked about children, forcing you clarify you're not planning on having children just yet.

After helping you prepare your utensils and plates, he pulled out a chair for you and served you food on your plate before himself. Wakatoshi's small and sweet gestures have always been his main way to express his love and care for you. Though it hasn't been half a year since you married him, you hoped this would never change.

"Itadakimasu."

"Toshi-kun, when is your next game again?" you initiated a conversation before taking a bite on the tonkatsu he bought.

"Next two weeks," he answered.

"You'll be abroad, right?" you continued to ask.

"Yes," he responded, "I'll be back 5 days after, though," he added.

"I'll be watching your game on the TV, so goodluck," you told him with a smile. This was his first game abroad after getting married and you're quite nervous for some reason.

"You'll go to a business trip soon too, right?" he asked in return.

"It'll be a quick trip. I'm still learning so my father's just bringing me along," you answered him.

After dinner, you even almost forgot to change back to your night clothes out of tiredness. You put on more comfortable clothes and headed to your bedroom, where Wakatoshi was already resting.

Upon entering, you noticed that Wakatoshi was already sitting up in the bed, watching a familiar video on the TV. You got nearer and looked at the screen.

"Let us welcome the bride and groom, Takeuchi Y/N and Ushijima Wakatoshi."

It was video recording of your entrance with him during your grand wedding reception. The camera focused on the two of you walking down the aisle and you saw glimpses of the guests.

The entire Shiratorizawa Volleyball team of his batch was there and of course, Wakatoshi chose Tendou as his best man, without a doubt. Though before hearing about the official date of your wedding, you found out the Tendou already joked and insisted on being the best man.

"Congratulations, Senpai!" you heard the faint voice of Goshiki at the background, followed by Tendou's.

You got on the bed as well and sat up, enjoying the comfort of your soft cushions. You rested your head on Wakatoshi's shoulder and stretched your legs on the bed.

"Watching this part again, Toshi-kun?" you asked and looked up at your husband, who you just noticed was already almost asleep.

He slightly scrunched his nose, and titled his head, "I like this part," he answered, putting up an effort not to fall asleep.

"We should sleep now, Toshi-kun," you smiled at his adorably sleepy face trying to focus on the screen.

"Okay," he immediately agreed and nodded.

Though you were the one who needed a hug a while back after working, he was also exhausted from his daily trainings.

"Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" you reminded him as you grabbed the remote to turn off the TV, "I know your games are nearing, but don't neglect your health."

You returned the remote to the side table and laid on the bed with him.

"I'm not," he spoke, facing you. Because it was Wakatoshi who said it, you were sure you could trust his words.

"You worry me sometimes," you told him, gently caressing his hair with one hand.

"I'll be okay," he reassured you and held your hand with his as he let out a soft smile, "Don't overwork too, Y/N-chan," he reminded you as well.

"I'll be okay," you repeated his words, "We'll be okay," you smiled.

You moved yourself closer to him and rested your head on his arm, "I love you, Toshi-kun."

"I love you too," he muttered and planted a kiss on your forehead. He was your home.