34 | a new routine

On the following nights, you and Wakatoshi found it difficult to catch much sleep. Your dear husband insisted on taking a paternity leave, which was quite rare, but you told him you could handle it on your own. After telling your struggles to your mother, she sent a part-time housemaid right away, promising that she'd be experienced with children.

Two months later, every aspect of your life with Wakatoshi changed. You'd get up at 8 in the morning with Wakatoshi, which thankfully by then, Suzue, the maid, would have breakfast ready.

"Goodmorning, Wakatoshi-sama, Y/N-sama," Suzue greeted as she finished cleaning Wakumi's colorful room.

"Good morning," you both greeted her before she left the room.

"Good morning, Wakumi-chan," you told the baby laying on the crib. She was extending her small arms, seemingly trying to reach you. "How cute," you added and carefully raised her.

"Oh, she's looking at you, Toshi," you continued and glanced at your husband staring back with a blank expression.

"Papa, I'm Papa," Wakatoshi spoke and pointed at himself. "Papa," he repeated.

"Yes, he's Papa. I'm Mama," you taught her before letting out a soft chuckle.

"The book says it might take her 7 months. That's the earliest," he informed you and caressed her small head.

"Wakatoshi-sama, Y/N-sama, breakfast is ready," Suzue said from the kitchen.

"Ah, let's eat," you told him and placed Wakumi back in the crib.

9 months later

You formed a new routine. Wake up by 7, bathe, feed Wakumi, wake Wakatoshi up, eat, then head to work with him. You no longer came to work earlier than that, unless absolutely necessary. Besides, you were in full control of your schedule now.

With Wakumi's first birthday coming up, you wanted to plan the best party for her amidst your demanding career.

"Toshi, should it be grand or simple?" you asked him as you sat up on the bed beside him.

"Wakumi's party?" he confirmed. "Can we plan that tomorrow instead?"

"Ah, I was just reminiscing, so the party just popped up in my head. We can talk about it tomorrow," you answered and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Reminiscing, Y/N?"

"Yeah, like how far we've come. Our anniversary's coming soon too, you know?" you added with a nod.

"I'm glad I spent my years with you," he confessed.

"Wow, you talk like we're a bunch of old geezers already," you chuckled.

"We were around 17 or 18 when we dated. We're already 26, Y/N," he explained.

"It has been that long, huh?" you mumbled and hugged him from the side. He placed his arm around you and his familiar body scent reached your senses.

"Toshi," you called his name and raised your head to look at him clearly.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I love you, Toshi," you confessed with a smile.

"I love you too, my Y/N," he said and kissed your forehead.

"Remember when I told you I wanted many kids?" you asked, a mischievous smile slowly forming on your lips.

"Yes. You want four," he answered in his usual stoic tone.

"How many do we have now?" you continued asking.

"One, we have Wakumi. She's sleeping in her room," he answered directly, not noticing your hand making its way to his lower body until it reaches his thighs.

"It's been a while since we last, you know," you chuckled softly.

"Y/N?" he called you, visibly a little confused. He has always been oblivious to your advances. You almost start to wonder how in the world you even had Wakumi.

"Yes?" you asked in return. "Are you too tired? Or? Not in the mood?" you added.

"Not that. What if she goes here? I didn't lock the door," he worried, ironically though, he was even leading your hand to his hardening member.

"She won't," you reassured, smirking, "And I promise I'll be real quiet not to wake her up."