23 | ice cream

"Oh, look, look," you nudged your husband as you spotted a signboard with your last name on it."Ushijima," it spelled.

You just landed in Manila and you've finished going through the necessary processes, immigration and luggage claiming.

"Ushijima," Wakatoshi read the sign. "Is she our driver?" he asked and looked at you.

"Yes, I think so! She's wearing the uniform I saw on their site," you answered and began going towards the lady.

"

Y/N-chan, be careful," he warned as you almost tripped. He grabbed your arm gently, with your handbag hanging on the his other arm.

"Hehe, you're too worried for me, Toshi-kun," you chuckled with a mischievous tone.

"Of course," he answered with all seriousness.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Ushijima," she greeted with a smile. "I'm Sam Lopez, your driver for today. I'll be driving you to your hotel."

"Oh," Wakatoshi mouthed and nodded, now looking at you.

- - - - -

You stared at the scenery as Sam drove. It was notably hot and you has to remove your jacket, Wakatoshi did the same too. "Is it too hot, Ma'am?" Sam noticed you two.

"Yes," Wakatoshi answered and looked at her from the mirror.

"Did you pack light clothes, Sir? It's summer right now so it's very very hot," she added and looked in front again.

"I think," he answered again.

"Toshi-kun, let's get ice cream later," you told him.

"Oh," he mouthed, visibly surprised.

"What's so surprising about ice cream?" You raised a brow.

"Is this a craving?" he asked.

"Oh," you mumbled, now remembering how he always read the What to expect kind of books for expecting fathers.

"Did you read this too? You know, cravings of pregnant women?" you asked him in return.

"Yes."

"You are very cute, Toshi-kun," you teased and leaned closer to him, now locking arms.

"Maybe it is," you continued, "A pregnancy craving."

"Really? Then we need to get ice cream." Wakatoshi got a little alarmed, feeling a smal sense of urgency.

"Did you read mood swings too?" you chuckled and looked up at your dear husband.

"Yes," he honestly answered.

"I'm not going to whine or get upset for ice cream," you reassured him.

"Oh, ice cream, Ma'am?" Sam joined in the conversation as she eyed on an ice cream store nearby.

"Ice cream," you muttered and caught a glance of the one she saw at the window. Wakatoshi let out a soft smile upon seeing your childlike face. Your eyes glimmered with excitement, not even noticing his tender gaze fixated on you.

"Yes, can we stop for a while? It will be quick," Wakatoshi requested with a firm voice

"Ah, yes, of course," Sam nodded and slowed down the car to turn.

"W-we're really getting ice cream?" you asked in disbelief.

"Yes, Sam-san already took a detour."

"Thank you!" You smiled as your face lit up.

"We're here," Sam informed you and stopped the car on the side.

"Let's go," you excitedly dragged yourself out of the car. "Toshi-kun," you called him while he hung your bag on his shoulder again.

"Yes, yes," he nodded. "Ice cream for my wife."

You entered the vibrant store and looked around. It was filled with children and parents, and it had a lively atmosphere.

"Which one do you want, Y/N-chan?" Wakatoshi asked and walked near the counter with you, where the menu was.

"Matcha looks like their best-seller. But um," you paused to pick, "How about the mango? Mango Graham? I don't know what that is though."

"Then would you like to try on a smaller serving, Y/N-chan?" Wakatoshi suggested, now bringing out his wallet from his pocket.

"Yeah, why not? And you, Toshi-kun? What would you like?"

"Maybe vanilla."

"You really like vanilla, Toshi-kun," you teased.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," you shook your head and giggled.

- - - - - -

After paying, you quickly got your orders, the ones you've been craving for. You walked out of the store and headed to the car.

"How is it? The mango flavor?" Wakatoshi asked, already forgetting your playful joke a while ago.

"Mango graham, I think," you corrected and thought of how to describe it. You paused from walking, making him stop as well.

"You should try it, Toshi-kun," you suggested and scooped some for him using your spoon.

"Say ah," you added and lifted the spoon high up. He was almost 6 foot 4 afterall. "Indirect kiss, Toshi-kun," you joked again as he took a bite.

"You want a kiss, Y/N-chan?" he asked and lifted his brows.

"I'm kidding, we're in public!" You nodded your head, amused with his seriousness, contrasting to how playful you were today. Is it a mood swing? Maybe?

"Then let's head back to the car. Then to the hotel, where it's private."