33 | a family of three

The beeping of the monitor, the several medical staff around you, the lights hung on the ceiling, and sweat all over your body- you couldn't even count how many hours it has been. All there is was pain and heavy breathing and pushes. Perhaps one of the only things that kept you striving amidst the pain was the tight hold of Wakatoshi on your hand, along with his occasional caress of your hair damped by sweat.

After a painstakingly long time struggling in the room, the delivery was a success. With tired eyes and heavy lids, you gazed at your crying baby held by the doctor. "Wakumi," you mumbled. Wakatoshi kissed the back of your hand upon seeing her, overjoyed.

"A healthy baby girl," one of the nurses said before Wakatoshi let go of your hand for you to hold her.

You wrapped her on your arms, your husband still staring. "Toshi, look, she has your eyes," you commented a few moments later, referring to her eye color. He nodded in response, softly smiling.

Shortly after, you found it difficult to fight your sleepiness, afterall, it was a tiring 7 hours of delivery. You felt a faint touch, probably the nurse getting the baby for Wakatoshi. You couldn't tell; you fell in deep slumber.

4 hours later
Fujiwara Hospital

The first thing you notice upon waking up was the unfamiliar room you were in. You slightly looked down and your baby was still in your arms, sleeping so soundly. "Ah, Y/N, you're finally awake," you heard Wakatoshi as he entered the room.

"I just bought water, I forgot to bring any when we rushed here," he informed you. "How are you feeling?" he inquired while he approached you.

"I'm still tired but I'm okay, Toshi," you answered him with a soft smile.

"That's good, you did well," he spoke just before giving you a kiss on your forehead.

"Wakumi's perfectly healthy though it's a week early from our expected date," he added, gently stroking your hair.

"Would you like to hold her, Toshi?"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, you're her dad," you chuckled at him getting all nervous.

"Here," you carefully moved your arms and hands for him to hold Wakumi.

"H-hello, my Wakumi," he greets her, his posture noticeably getting stiff.

"You'll grow up to be a beauty just like your mother," he continued with a tender smile.

"She'll be a beauty because of your genes, Toshi," you teased him.

"You think I'm beautiful, Y/N?" he tilted his head, now staring at you.

"Yup," you chuckled again.

After a few moments of mixed confusion and delight, you heard the door slide open and you swayed your head to see who it was.

"Kanna-san?" Wakatoshi spoke, "And Shirabu-san?"

"Hello, Ushijima-san," Shirabu greeted and slid the door after.

"We came here to visit after hearing the news!" Kanna cheerfully said and rushed towards you.

"Oh, speaking of which, have you told my parents? And yours?" you looked at Wakatoshi to ask.

"Yes, I informed them. They're on their way," he answered.

"What's her name, Ushijima-san?"

"Wakumi," you both answered in chorus. You were used to being called Ushijima too.

"Wow, hi there, Ushijima Wakumi. I'm Auntie Kanna," Kanna greeted in a softer, baby-like tone. "What will she be called? Ushiwaku? Ushimi?"

"I think Wakumi is fine, Kanna-chan. But those sound very cute. It's like Toshi's nickname," you agreed.

"It is similar," Wakatoshi said, his cheeks slightly getting red.

"Wakatoshi-kun?" you heard another voice as the door slid open. It was quite familiar, though you couldn't exactly guess whose it was.

He turned around to see the person, visibly aware of who it was though. "Mother, Grandmother," he addressed them.

"Ah, we'll get going then. If you need me, I'm in my office here in this hospital too," Kanna told you before leaving with Shirabu.

"Good morning," you greeted them, a little nervous.

"It's already afternoon, Y/N-chan,' Wakatoshi whispers to you.

"Ah, apologies. Good afternoon," you corrected.

"Good afternoon, Y/N-san, Wakatoshi-kun."

"And, what's her name?" his grandmother asked. After meeting his father, you couldn't remove your worries of them trying to change so-called abnormalities or differences of your child in the future, just like what they tried to do to Wakatoshi.

"Wakumi," Wakatoshi answered.

"What a lovely name," his mother praised, much to your relief.

2 days later
Ushijima Residence

You couldn't wait to go home with the new member of your family, and now you're finally back. You crouched for a bit to get a better view of the front of your house as Wakatoshi got down to open the door for you.

"Finally," you mumbled and stepped down with Wakumi comfortably wrapped around your arms.

"This is our home, Wakumi-chan," Wakatoshi spoke and smiled.

He went to the backseat of the car to get your belongings and you followed him on the way to the front door. He opened the door for you and after removing your shoes, you excitedly headed to the room you prepared just for Wakumi.

"Welcome home, our dear Wakumi."