32 | love

5 months later

You stared at yourself in the mirror, glancing at every change you're going through physically. Your chest, thighs, and face, you observed everything. Wakatoshi noticed you as he entered the master's bedroom and approached you right after. "Pregnancy glow?" he commented, now staring at you.

"Do I still look pretty?" you asked jokingly though of course, he took it seriously. "Yes," he answered without hesitation. "I can't wait to see our Wakumi," he added.

"2 more months, Papa," you said with a smile before leaning closer for a peck on the lips.

"I hope she resembles you a lot," you told him and caressed his cheeks. "And if she gets interested in volleyball, I bet she's going to be a star."

"Volleyball skills are not genetic, Y/N," he pouts.

"I know, I know," you chuckled, "But you'll teach her well, right?"

"Of course, I will. If she wants to."

"You know what's genetic?"

"Hereditary traits. That's what it means," he answered, his brows slightly furrowing at the question.

"No, silly, I meant, guess what else is genetic," you laughed at him and sat on the bed. He followed you and sat down beside you, probably trying to have a good guess.

"Handedness, Toshi. It's passed on in the genes," you revealed the answer, "I looked it up online, it's legitimate information," you verified.

"Really?"

"Yup, so maybe, just maybe, our little Wakumi will also be a lefty. And I won't let anyone try to, you know," you continued and raised your hands for an air quote, "correct it."

"Okay, okay," he agreed and nodded, his hand making its way to your tummy to caress it as usual.

"Hello, Wakumi-chan," he greets softly.

"Hi papa, she says," you answered for him, "Oh, she just kicked, I'm serious," you added.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?" he worried and looked at you.

"Well, of course it hurts a bit, but I'm okay, you worry too much for me, Toshi," you answered.

1 month later

More than 2 months before your expected date, you already took a leave from work and your father, naturally, permitted. He usually wasn't good in expressing himself, but recently, you noticed him get visibly excited when talking about Wakumi. You spent most of your time at home, reading books and cooking healthy meals.

"I'm home," you heard your husband near the front door. You also heard subtle noises of him changing his shoes and walking towards the living room.

"Welcome home," you raised your voice, just enough to be heard.

"Y/N, I bought you something," he informed and headed to the kitchen, where you were taking a snack out from the fridge.

"What is it?" you asked and turned around.

He approached you and kissed you on the cheek before answering, "You were craving for ice cream, weren't you?"

"Oh? Ice cream? You bought me ice cream?" you confirmed and walked to the living room with him.

"Even better, I think," he answered and laid the bag on the coffee table.

"What did you buy, love?" you asked.

"Love?" he repeated and averted his gaze from the bag, then unto you.

"What? It's an endearment," you had to explain.

"I like it actually," he admitted and smiled softly. "Anyway, I bought ice cream cake," he added.

"Woah, really? We haven't had these for months."

"Yes, that's because you're either craving from ice cream only or chocolate, or chocolate ice cream," he explained.

"Uhuh, you got it right," you chuckled, "My husband knows my cravings very well."

"I also had spare time today and found a dress that you might like," he continued.

"Wow," you mouthed.

"And you just bought it because you felt like it?" you asked.

"Yes," he answered, making you laugh. "Is that bad?"

"You really love bringing me gifts randomly," you answered him.

"And is that bad?" he repeated his question, quite getting worried.

"Not at all, it's nice you remember me on random times too."

Three weeks later, Wakatoshi took another leave from his training despite a game soon coming up and ever since, he had never let you go on a doctor appointment by yourself. In fact, after you took your months-worth of leave, he was always by your side whenever you went outdoors except if Kanna or your parents were with you.

You went to the garage with him and he assisted you in sitting down in the front seat. Shortly afterwards, he went to the gate to open it and you eagerly waited for him.

"Let's go, Toshi," you spoke to him as he held the car door leading to the driver's seat.

"Y/N, wait, I think I forgot my jacket," he told you and looked around through the windows.

"Toshi," you mumbled his name.

"Wait," he repeated.

"Oh my god, Toshi," you repeated as well.

"Yes?" he raised a brow and looked at you, looking all panicked.

"I think we have to go now because my water just broke."