15 | breakfast

You woke up to the sight of your husband sleeping right next to you. It wasn't long, but you missed this too much. You softly caressed his hair, gently carding your hands through his hair.

Wakatoshi, sleeping like a rock as usual, was left unbothered. You gazed at him longer and spotted red marks near his neck.

"Ah, right," you mumbled and looked at yourself, remembering last night right after you came home from Tendou's house.

You stretched on the bed before getting up and getting yourself some clothes. Afterwards, you headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. You decided to cook this time, instead of ordering as usual.

° °°° °

After half an hour, you turned off the stove and readied the utensils. You placed a cover on the food and decided to wake Wakatoshi. Besides, his usual training hour was nearing.

You came to your room, only to see Wakatoshi still sleeping in the same position. He truly slept like a rock, which made you chuckle for a bit.

"Toshi-kun," you called him and hopped to the bed, crawling to him.

"Toshi-kun," you repeated and cupped his cheeks, "Wake up, you'll be late for training," you reminded.

"I'm not," he muttered with his eyes still shut.

You stepped out of the bed to get him his clothes, but still spoke loudly to wake him up.

"I made breakfast, the food's going to get cold!"

"Huh?" he finally opened his eyes and looked at you as you placed his clothes on the bedside table.

"I cooked breakfast," you said and sat on the bed, facing him.

"Okay," Wakatoshi nodded before a yawn.

"I don't have training today, by the way," Wakatoshi sat up and grabbed his clothes.

"But your game is in two days, right? And you're," you paused, "You're leaving tomorrow."

"Yes, but I requested for a day off."

"How did your coach even agreed to that?"

"I told him my wife would get angry," he answered truthfully.

"That made him agree? Are you sure?"

"Yes." He finally put on his clothes and stood up, "Let's eat."

"Are you sure it wasn't a sarcastic answer?" you followed him to the dining room.

"He just said yes," Wakatoshi repeated and stretched his arms.

"Well, I guess I'll skip work too," you chuckled.

"Seriously?"

"One day won't hurt," you said as he pulled out a chair for you.

"But Secretary Dan's going to kill me for this," you chuckled again, "I'll contact him later.'

"Don't die, Y/N-chan," he spoke seriously and looked at you.

"It's a joke!" you had to clarify, "He's my secretary," you added, now remembering what he said yesterday.

"If you ever change your mind, maybe you could give me a chance," his words repeated on your head.

"Is everything okay with Araki-san?" Wakatoshi asked, referring to Dan's last name.

"Y-yeah!" you nodded.

"Good. I'm indebted in him."

"Huh?"

"Let's eat, Y/N-chan," he said and opened the cover of the food.

"Oh," he mouthed. His face was hinting how impressed he was though of course, his stoic face always remained.

"Itadakimasu!"

He gave you your share of food first, even giving you a bit more than himself. "That'd too much, have some more for yourself," you returned bits of food to him.

"By the way, what's with Secretary Dan? Did he do a favor or something?" you asked and took a bite.

"Yes," he answered, "He contacted me on the day you planned a surprise in the yacht."

"Wait, what?"

"I honestly thought it was a meeting with a sponsor, so I prioritized the extra training the coach told me to do that day," he began explaining, "Then he contacted me saying it's a surprise you prepared for me."

"Oh."

"I was too late and the preparations were cancelled, but I believe it would've been worse if I didn't go at all."

"I didn't know he did that," you commented.

"I haven't thanked him properly," he added.

"You have a reliable secretary, Y/N-chan. I'm glad."