35 | Rabbit

Takeuchi Residence

1 Week Later

Everything was already prepared, your staff was ready, and all you had left to do was to wait for your guests to come in. Your parents insisted on holding the Wakumi's birthday party at home, the one you lived in before living under the same roof with your husband. The party was supposed to take place in the large backyard but some of your guests could stay inside to eat too.

"Y/N, dear, is Wakumi ready?" your mother checked.

"Yes, she's with Wakatoshi right now, in the dressing room," you answered her.

"Good, good, the guests will be here any minute now so go get the two of them," she instructed you before going somewhere else to check on the preparations.

You headed to the dressing room; it wasn't exactly a dressing room, it was your bedroom way before but you used it as one just for this party.

"Toshi?" you called and opened the door.

You spotted Wakatoshi crouching down, facing Wakumi's small chair. He was gently combing her hair and he grabbed on a hair bow, which you guessed was one of yours. You stood near the door, observing him clip her hair.

"You're a good stylist, Toshi," you chuckled and approached them.

"Oh, Mama!" you heard Wakumi greet you.

"But a ponytail is only hairstyle I can do, Y/N," he answered you with a stoic expression.

"Didn't the stylist, you know, style her already, though?"

"Wakumi didn't seem to like it so here," he explained and looked at her neat hair.

"Thank you, Papa," Wakumi said and extended her arms, obviously wanting to be held.

Wakatoshi, as always, obliged with what his little girl wanted and stood up, with her embracing him.

"Are the guests already here?" he asked you with a soft smile.

"Mother says they'll be here soon so let's go, Toshi."

You exited the room and walked to the backyard, where you saw some people enter. You made sure to only invite close friends and family to make the celebration more intimate.

"It's Kanna-san," Wakatoshi pointed out.

"Oh, with Shirabu-san too," you said and nodded.

"President Takeuchi!" she gasped, "Hello!"

"Hello," Shirabu greeted as well.

"Hello, Kanna-chan, Shirabu-san," you greeted back.

"I'm a Shirabu now, you know!" she giggled and tapped you.

"Uncle?" Wakumi recognized, probably.

"Oh, she knows me?" Shirabu mumbles.

"But she doesn't know her lovely and cute Auntie Kanna?" Kanna whined.

"She's still growing, Kanna-san," Wakatoshi explained, not realizing it was just a joke.

"Your mother and grandmother are here," you whispered to him.

"You should go take a seat, Kanna-chan, Shirabu-san," you told the two, "The program will start soon, I promise."

"And Tendou and Semi too," Wakatoshi noticed.

"You should go say hi, I'll watch over Wakumi," you offered and extended your arms, wanting to hold her too.

"Okay," he agreed with a nod.

Backyard

1 Hour Later

The games and speeches all finally ended and as planned, it was time to eat. You had your staff prepare Wakumi's favorite snacks, and left the rest of the menu for Wakatoshi to decide. The desserts were plentiful, especially because you and Wakumi adored sweets.

"Papa, more cake," she requested.

"Y/N, can we give her more cake?" he asked you.

"I don't know, how much has she eaten?" you asked in return.

"Mama, please, cake," she repeated with glassy eyes. She was too adorable to reject.

"Okay, Mama's giving you more cake. It's your cake after all," you agreed and paused your meal to grab another slice.

"Hey there, Wakumi-chan," you heard Tendou greet.

"Tendou, hello again," Wakatoshi greeted.

"Uncle," she mumbled.

"Yes yes, I am Uncle Satori," he chuckled.

"Tendou, how's the food?" Wakatoshi asked as his friend took a seat.

"It's really good. As expected, Y/N-san's parties are always superb," he complimented.

"What would you like for your next birthday, Wakumi-chan?" Tendou continued.

"Rabibt!"

"Wakumi, you want a rabbit?" Wakatoshi confirmed. You got back with a plate with a slice of cake on your hand and sat down.

"A rabbit?" you repeated.

"Oh, Uncle Tendou can give you a rabbit if Wakatoshi-kun and Y/N-san agrees," Tendou said, "And of course, take good care of it."

"Can we give her a rabbit, Y/N?" your husband asked.

"We have plenty of room, that's what," you answered. "But having a pet isn't easy."

"Mama, rabibt!"

"She really wants a rabbit, Y/N-san," Tendou laughs, seeing your dilemma.

"Mama will think about it, okay?" you nervously told her.

And on her second birthday, as you held her newborn sister on your arms, you received a rabbit from Tendou.