9 | invite

"Good morni-" you greeted your secretary as you got out of the elevator, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Secretary Dan?" you muttered and raised a brow, "That's weird, he's usually never late."

"Ah, sorry," you were surprised with the sudden apology, causing your shoulders to raise for a bit.

"I just used the-"

"Ah, there you are," you turned around and smiled, "I thought you ditched work or something."

"I, I would never!" he defended and pushed back his glasses.

"Yeah, I know," you nodded and went to your office, "No schedule for the day right?"

"None, Director," he answered before you entered your office.

It was another regular day full of paper work and reviewing plans. Another day of headache.

"Oh, Director," you heard him speak behind the door while you turned your computer on.

"Come in, Secretary Dan,"

"Ushijima Wakatoshi's photoshoot will be held today, 3PM," he informed you, "Your presence is not required but I figured you'd want to attend."

"Where?" you asked.

"It's an outdoor photoshoot, so it'll be held on Park-"

"Place it on the schedule, Secretary Dan," you ordered him with a smile, "We're leaving by 2."

"You're in good terms now, Director?" he asked, very much out of his character to ask something so personal though.

"Yeah, we made up already," you admitted, remembering the romantic dinner he gave so much effort on.

"I'm glad," Dan spoke, a little more monotonous before bowing and leaving.

You continued your work and glanced at the clock every now and then, eager for time to hurry up and just be 2PM already.

Not long before you actually finished, the sound of your ringtone distracted you. Nevertheless, you checked it out and hoped it to be your husband.

"President Takeuchi!" you read. There was only one person who still called you that, Fujiwara Kanna.

"Yes? Also, you know I go by Ushijima Y/N, now right?" you replied.

"I know, I went to your wedding, remember?" she replied.

"Yes. Your entire family was there," you recalled.

"Now it's time for you to go to mine!" she added.

"You're getting married, Kanna-san?"

"I told you to call me Kanna-chan!" she got distracted from her main point.

"You're getting married, Kanna-chan?"

Seconds later, the call notification appeared on the screen and you readied for her typical high pitched voice.

You weren't wrong.

"President Takeuchi!" she exclaimed as soon as you answered.

"Please do not shout," you warned her and distanced your phone.

"Hehe, okay, okay," she lowered her voice.

"Well?"

"I proposed to Kenjiro! He said yes!" she exclaimed again, seems like she couldn't help it.

"You, you proposed?! You proposed to your boyfriend?" you were surprised.

"But he properly proposed to me a few days ago. Now we're really going to get married!" she raised her voice, sounding giddy and excited.

"So I'm invited?"

"That's why I'm calling you, President Takeuchi!"

"Ah, I see."

"Think of it as a Shiratorizawa reunion! We're inviting everyone in his batch, it's gonna be a huge huge wedding," she elaborated, "Though not as grand as yours, you even had some media on yours."

"I'll tell Toshi-kun," you promised, "If he's free, then we're going," you told her.

"You cannot not go, President Takeuchi! You're going to be my bridesmaid!"

"B-bridesmaid?" you stuttered. That would be an honor.

"Yes! Kenjiro chose Ushijima-san as his best man, so you better go!" she added.

"I go by Ushijima now too, you know," you corrected.

"Anyway, how did you propose to Shirabu-san? Shouldn't he have proposed first?" you changed the focus of your conversation.

"Well, I kind of just told him I wanted to get married and have babies, and he kind of just agreed too," she explained.

"That's not romantic, not even for a bit!" you thought.

"Ah, speaking of babies, when are you gonna have babies, President Takeuchi? I thought you'd even have babies by now!" she asked, "Are you sure you're not just hiding your babies from the media?" she asked in her ever mischievous voice.

"Children? Me and Toshi-kun?"

"Yeah, so? When am I gonna be like an auntie, President Takeuchi? Or am I an auntie now or something?"

"Toshi-kun's still on the peak of his career, and I'm still working on mine," you explained, "We're not going to have uh, babies, yet."

"Are you sure? You really don't want little Ushijima's hopping around and playing around your house?" Kanna was good at making you imagine it.

"I'll think about it," you cleared your throat and spoke.

"Geez, you make it sound like you're reviewing a proposal, President Takeuchi!" she teased, she had a point though.

"Well, I'm expecting you on our wedding! Think of it as a reunion too! Shiratorizawa reunion!" Kanna continued.