10 | woman I dream of

As the clock struck at 2PM, you organized your papers and put them away, preparing to leave. You found the perfect excuse to go see your husband, Wakatoshi, while still technically working.

"Secretary Dan, let's go," you told him and hurried to the elevator, not minding the height of your heels.

"Director, the car is ready," he informed you and grabbed his usual notebook. It was like his signature item.

"Ah, that's good," you smiled and pressed the elevator button.

"By the way, am I free on the 4th next month?" you asked casually. That was the date Kanna gave you for the reunion.

"Yes, Director," Dan had it all memorized. Impressive memory.

"Really?" you asked and got in the elevator.

"Yes. They moved the date of the party," he answered.

"Ah, good good."

"Do you have plans for that day, Director?" he asked, "I will jot it down if so."

"Geez, Dan, you still talk to me too formally," you pointed out and let out a soft chuckle.

Dan just stared at you, it wasn't exactly criticism on his work after all.

"I do have plans, I'll go to a wedding," you answered, "And you, you've never asked for a day off, don't you date or something, Secretary?"

He pushed up his glasses and sighed, "I do not have time for dating."

The two of you exited the elevator, with him letting you walk out first.

"Because you never ask for day offs. Not that I'm telling you to ditch me but-"

"I won't ditch you, Director," he claimed.

You looked back at him and put on a mischievous smile, "You should date too, Dan," you advised, "-san," you added.

"Dan-san again," he muttered.

"Don't you have anyone? Really? A woman you've been dreaming of?" you asked, remembering Wakatoshi's words.

You recalled the way he described you as the woman he dreams of. It still made you feel giddy despite your age.

"A woman I dream of," he mumbled almost inaudibly, like he was taking mental notes.

"Or a man, really," you thought.

"Someone who makes your heart race," you looked back at him again, trying to see his reaction, "A woman you want to be with."

Dan was a blushing mess.

"So you do have one," you smirked and faced front again, now heading outside for the car.

"I do not," he denied and opened the door for you.

"Right," you nodded and got inside.

He sat beside you and sighed, "It does not matter."

"Why not?"

"The woman I dream of will not reciprocate my feelings."