21 | announcement

Later that day, you decided to go to the headquarters, not to work, but to make the announcement. You sat comfortably on the car as Wakatoshi drove, with a small paper bag on your lap.

"I wonder how they'd react," you said as you lowered the volume of the music.

"They'll be happy," your husband answered, "I'm sure."

"How about your mom?"

"She will, too. But she might be worried for my career," he answered.

"Are you going to take a break? Like for a month or something?" you asked and looked at him. You knew his career was still blossoming, but you hoped he'd allot some time for you and your family.

"Just a month?" he raised a brow, glancing at you quickly.

"Ah, then more than a month?" you asked, now beaming with joy.

"Of course. I'll be a father," he reminded you bluntly. You blushed upon hearing his words and smiled. "Okay," you nodded.

"Also, we're here, Y/N-chan," he added and parked the car in front of the building, the one reserved for you and your family.

"Oh, right, let's go," you looked in front and grabbed the handle of the paper bag.

"I'll carry that for you, Y/N-chan," he added and grabbed it for you.

"That's not going to tire me, silly. It's not stressful either," you clarified and giggled.

"Still," he protested and exited the car to open the door for you.

"Thank you," you remarked as you stepped down with your flats on. You picked up the sunglasses you hung on your shirt and wore it.

Wakatoshi then closed the door and straightened his posture before heading to the entrance with you. You locked your arm on his, much to his liking.

"Good afternoon, Vice President, Ushiwaka-san." You heard the usual polite greetings as you entered and the employees made way in the busy lobby.

"Good afternoon," he would greet back.

"40th floor," you told the attendant in the elevator the moment you stepped inside.

"Is President Takeuchi here?" Wakatoshi asked.

"Yes, he came with the former vice president," the attendant stated, referring to your mother.

You heard the elevator ding moments later and you walked away, heading to your father's office with Wakatoshi. You were greeted by the secretary and you greeted her back, still locking arms with Wakatoshi.

"Is my father here?" you asked and put down your shades.

"Yes, Vice President."

"Then let's go," Wakatoshi spoke and looked at the large office door that led to his office.

You nodded and made your way inside after knocking. "Father," you called.

You saw the office filled with furniture much more extravagant than yours and the amazing view on his window, contrary to yours. It was definitely on a different level, literally too.

"Oh, Y/N-chan." Your father's brows lifted upon seeing you and he put down the files he was holding.

"Good afternoon, Father," Wakatoshi greeted, paired with a bow.

"Oh, Y/N-chan, Wakatoshi-kun." You heard your mother's voice and you turned around to see her. She was standing near the bookshelves, browsing something.

"Good afternoon, Mother," Wakatoshi greeted too.

"What brings you two here?" your father asked. "Take a seat," he pointed at the sofa chairs in front of his desk.

"It's rare for you to go here, is there something wrong?" your mother asked and approached you two while you sat down.

"We have a gift for you," you said with a nervous smile then looked at Wakatoshi holding the paper bag.

"You could just have it delivered," your father spoke, "Well, is it that highly confidential?"

"You should just see it first, Father," you told him and handed the paper bag.

"TK Baby line?" your mother commented as she lifted the small shoes.

"Oh," your father mouthed and raised the small picture you placed inside.

"Oh my!" your mother exclaimed upon seeing it. "You're-" she continued, then covered her mouth with her hands, hiding her visible delight.

"We're going to be grandparents!" she exclaimed again, contrary to the silent reaction of your father.

"Really?" your father looked at you, examining if it was all just a joke.

"Yes, really," Wakatoshi answered and nodded with a subtle smile.

"I'm going to be a grandma!" your mother exclaimed and rushed to you.

"A girl or a boy?" she asked excitedly, "Do you already know?"

"No, not yet," you shook your head, "I'm only one month and a half pregnant, Mother."

"Oh, I see. Tell us as soon as you find out. Have you gone shopping for baby needs?" she continued asking.

"How about a complete baby line?" your father suddenly had an idea.

"Huh?" you tilted your head. He's not releasing a baby line just for that, is he?

"We haven't gone shopping yet, Mother. We might though, soon," Wakatoshi answered.

"Oh, by the way, what did your mother say, Wakatoshi-kun?" your father asked.

"We haven't announced it to her yet. But we will tell her shortly. My father too," he answered.

"Oh? Your father?" your mother looked at him.

"We're going to the Manila for him."