17 | ethereal

"Kids?" he repeated and looked at you as the music played on the speakers.

"Yeah, mini-Toshi-kun's and mini-me's," you answered and smiled.

"We haven't really talked about having kids, you know. I just assumed you'd want t-"

"Having kids would be nice," he answered with a soft smile on his face.

"R-really?"

"Wait, Y/N-chan, are you pregnant?" he looked at you with a mixed expression even you couldn't interpret. It was a mix of confusion, curiosity, and perhaps excitement.

"Ah, n-no," you denied and shook your head.

"Are you sure?" he raised a brow.

"Y-yes, I'm sure," you nodded and looked back at the television.

Wakatoshi did the same and continued watching the video. It was the near end of Kanna's speech.

"To be honest, Y/N-chan," he spoke.

"Yes?"

"Given your rational but caring nature, I think you will be a good mother," he explained.

"You think so?" you couldn't help but smile at that thought.

"I want to be a good father too," he added, remembering his own.

"I'm sure you will," you reassured and  snuggled your head.

"How many kids would you like to have?" he asked and loosely carded his fingers on your hair.

"I don't know but I want a big family," you answered as he kept stroking your hair.

"Four then?" he guessed.

"Yeah, that's quite a lot," you excitedly agreed, "Can you imagine that? Four mini-Toshi-kun's!"

"And mini-Y/N-chan's," he added and chuckled.

Surprised, you looked at his delighted face. What a soft and caring expression on such a stoic man, you thought.

"I think four more people can fit in this house," you added, "Four mini you and me's."

Time passed by quite quickly and you savored every moment of your day off. After watching your wedding video, you racked your brain to think of ideas on what to do next.

"Toshi-kun, want to build a fort?" you blurted out your idea.

"A fort? Why do we need one? Where?" he began asking.

"I meant, like, a play house, or something," you sighed at the clueless yet adorable look on his face.

"Here, like this," you showed him a picture on your phone.

"Oh," he mouthed.

"What will we do there?"

"I dunno, watch movies and play boardgames," you answered, already on your way to the bedroom, "Come on, Toshi-kun!"

You arrived at your bedroom and opened the cabinet with extra blankets and pillows, "Toshi-kun, help me out."

You grabbed the blankets and saw him come inside the room. "So we're really doing a fort, Y/N-chan?"

"Yup, why not?" you told him before a chuckle, "It'll be fun, I promise."

"Okay," he nodded and grabbed the extra pillows.

"So, we just need to make this hang somewhere," you said and held the corner of a blanket. You planned to use it as the cover.

"Toshi-kun, can you tie this there?" you asked and pointed at the hook near the wall.

"No worries," he followed and easily reached the high hook.

You spent the rest of the hour trying to make a fort in your room. Thanks to the towering height of your husband, reaching for high places was just too easy. Even placing the fairy lights was quick and convenient.

"Now, I'll go grab snacks from the fridge," you told him, "Can you move the TV closer to the bed while I'm at it?" you requested.

"Okay," he nodded.

You hurried to the fridge, and took your favorite snacks, along with his. As you walked back in the room, you heard a familiar song play from the room.

Get You by Daniel Caesar
Through drought and famine
Natural disasters
My baby has been around for me

Kingdoms have fallen, angels be calling
None of that could ever make me leave
Every time I look into your eyes I see it
You're all I need
Every time I get a bit inside I feel it

"

Toshi-kun?" you muttered and entered the room, only to see the fort completely blocking your view.

"Y/N-chan?" he called you back.

You swayed the blanket to the side, to enter with hands almost full with snacks.

"You like this song?" you asked and placed the snacks on the near end of the bed before laying down with Wakatoshi.

"Yes, it reminds me of you," Wakatoshi answered and looked at you.

"Every love song reminds me of you, Toshi-kun," you said and faced him.

He had the same soft expression on his face as earlier and his eyes glimmered, thanks to the yellow lights around your fort.

You laid down there, right next to him, admiring everything. You remained there without saying another word and gently caressed his cheek.

Wakatoshi, looking relaxed as ever, did the same and carded his fingers on the ends of your hair. It felt absolutely ethereal, like you were stuck in a dream. You wanted every moment and day to be like this. You wanted it to last forever.