29 | reveal

His father went down to order dessert and Ken was swiftly finishing his food; It wasn't too difficult to tell how much he loved the meal. "Would you like another chicken?" you offered him with a smile. "Y/N-nee can buy you take-out if you want too."

"Y/N-nee?" Wakatoshi repeated, no one ever calls you that.

"Yeah, it sounds nice doesn't it?" you suggested and glanced at your husband.

"No thank you," the boy rejected as he finished the gravy, "But can I have some spaghetti?" he requested and looked at you.

"Oh, I guess kids do like spaghetti," you mumbled, looking at Wakatoshi's side of the table. He was the only one who ordered that.

"I can give you mine," Wakatoshi offered in your stead, still in a stoic tone.

"Can I?" the boy asked once again, visibly still quite intimidated by the giant right beside you.

"Yes. I am your brother," he spoke and set aside the plate, "Besides, it is too swee-"

"You can have it," you cut him off before he could say criticism about it. "Toshi-nii says it's okay," you added.

"Really? Thank you!"

After lunch, you headed back to his father's condominium unit, saying you had important news to tell in private.

"You know, I didn't really think you'd go all the way from Japan to see me," his father spoke in the elevator.

"My wife told me she wanted to see you in person at least once and I thought it was a good idea as well," Wakatoshi elaborated.

"Oh, happy wife, happy life, then?" his father chuckled. "I'm just surprised you made time. You two must be very busy," he added.

"Of course, we made time for this, Father. And I'm not taking over yet, I still have some free time in my hands," you explained as you heard the elevator ding.

You exited the elevator and followed them on the way to the unit. "Toshi, though, he had some trouble getting this 4-day vacation."

"Oh, you're only staying for four days?" he asked and grabbed his keys.

"Where are you staying?" Ken butted in too.

"Yes, three days, we're leaving the day after tomorrow. And oh, we're staying near MOA."

"MOA? Can we go to MOA?" Ken requested again, looking at Wakatoshi with his puppy eyes.

Wakatoshi crouched down as his father unlocked the door, looking at the boy. "Do you want us to take you there?" your husband asked, attempting to smile.

"Yes! There's a ferris wheel there and rides!" he exclaimed, beaming with excitement.

"Oh, rides?" Wakatoshi repeated.

"Yup, it'll be fun," he emphasized.

"Y/N can't go to rides, though," Wakatoshi contradicted, partly revealing your awaited pregnancy announcement.

"Let's head inside," his father told you and opened the door, which the three of you followed.

"Wakatoshi-nii, why can't she go to rides?" Ken wondered. "It's okay if you're scared," he even reassured.

You closed the door while the two conversed. His father, on the other hand, placed the take-out food on the fridge.

"Yeah, why?" he asked from the kitchen.

"Because, um," Wakatoshi muttered and looked at you.

"We're having a baby," you announced, your lips curving upwards.

"Wait, w-wait, Y/N-san, you're pregnant?" his father had to clarify. He quickly closed the door and approached the two of you.

"Oh, pregnant," Ken mumbled.

"Yes. She's pregnant for 8 weeks already," Wakatoshi informed them.

"Wow, I'm going to be a grandfather," his father gasped in amusement, "That's, that's great! Wow."

"That's exactly why we came here, we came here to tell you the news," you said.

"Yes."

"Does your mother and grandmother know about this already? I mean, I'm assuming they do," he kept asking.

"Yes, they were delighted."

"I'm glad," his father sighed, "You know how they can be sometimes. Your left-handedness and all that."

"If they say something like that to our Wakumi, I won't let them," you vowed.

"Wakumi? You've thought of a name already?"

"Yes, from Wakatoshi, I wanted to give her the same first syllable at least."

"That's wonderful, really. I'm happy for the two of you."

"Thank you."

"So, no more MOA?" Ken asked with a disappointed look on his face. You responded with a chuckle, it was all he got after that talk about the baby, him not being able to go to the mall and rides.

"We can still go but Y/N can't join you in rides," he reassured and crouched down again, facing the dismayed boy.

"Oh," Ken muttered, frowning.

"Toshi-nii can join you in the rides," you offered.

"Really?" he confirmed. "Really?" his father also asked.

"It'll be fun, right, Toshi?"