4 | late night in the office

Wakatoshi's game abroad was nearing, but so was his birthday. You looked forward to it and racked your brain day and night just to come up with a plan.

"Secretary Dan, when's my day off again?" you asked your secretary and sat on the sofa near his desk.

"Day off?"

"Like free time, free day?" you clarified, "When is it?"

"This week?" he asked.

"Yes," you answered in your usual stern tone.

"You're fully booked for the week, Director," he didn't even need to take a look at his files.

"No free day?" you asked again, insisting that he take a look at his notebook.

"None," he shook his head, he was confident with his answer.

"How about Sunday?" you asked, it was a day before Wakatoshi's birthday.

He immediately shook his head, flaunting how good his memory was and how reliable his skills were.

"Meeting with Mr. Reyes," he answered.

"Saturday?" you started guessing randomly.

"We'll be going to the new TK outlet," he answered.

"Ah, then Saturday!" you exclaimed. It was very much out of character for you to raise your voice out of enthusiasm.

"But we-"

"Assign someone else, you don't need me just for that," you ordered, back to your usual stern and stoic side.

He raised a brow, not even putting up an effort to hide his surprise.

"Understood?" you smirked, he didn't really have a choice. You stood up from your seat and so did he, trying to confirm if it was final.

"Director, won't the president be-" he expressed his worry.

However, as you walked away with your high heels clacking loudly on the floor, you lost your balance, almost about to trip.

"Careful," your own secretary scolded you as you felt him grip on your arm.

"Secretary Dan," you clicked your tongue and furrowed your brows, not that you preferred falling over being assisted though.

"Oh," Dan mouthed, probably expecting a nice thank you instead.

You straightened your posture and he finally let go, you never liked anyone touching you, other than Wakatoshi, of course.

Speaking of which, in an unexpected turn of events, you saw Wakatoshi standing near the elevator, looking at you.

"Oh, Toshi-kun," your mood changed quickly, now ignoring Dan.

You walked towards him, "What brings you here?" you asked with a smile.

"To see my wife," he emphasized his last word and he caressed a lock of your hair.

"Stop it, we're not at home," you muttered and softly giggled.

"Who is he?" he asked and pointed at the man sitting back to his desk.

"Secretary Dan, he's new," you answered, oblivious to where he's getting at.

"I see," he nodded.

"Did you come here after your training?" you asked and led him to your office.

You walked passed by Dan's desk and Dan politely bowed. Surprisingly, though Wakatoshi still had the same stoic look, he seemed a little more intimidating.

"Toshi-kun," you called him, stopping him from glaring at your secretary.

You let him enter inside and you noticed him looking around, visibly impressed.

"Director Ushijima Y/N," he read your plate.

"You read all of these?" he pointed at the rack of economy and business-related books and magazines.

You nodded, showing off how capable you are, "Yep, but I spend more time on reviewing and making reports," you tapped on the pile of files sitting on your desk.

"Oh, that's me," it was a surprise it even took him a long time to spot his own poster hanging on the wall. It was him modeling for TK Sportswear shoes.

"I'm the only one who has this merchandise," you proudly told him, "This is like, the unreleased poster in the market, heh."

"Do you want a signature then?" Wakatoshi joked, though it was only you who'd instantly distinguish his jokes. His stern voice remained unchanged even when attempting on jokes, just like before.

"No?" he asked, probably in disbelief that you didn't get his joke.

"But I want this," you tiptoed and held his shoulders to reach your 6 foot 3 husband, before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

You leaned back and let go, smiling at the sudden kiss.

Wakatoshi though, was unsatisfied with just that. Before your ankles reached the carpeted floor, he cupped your cheeks and crouched, making up for the height difference.

The tender and warm touch of his palms on your cheeks gave you the same kind of comfort as it did years ago. You closed your eyes as his lips finally reached yours and you tilted your head.

Wakatoshi apparently didn't like the idea of your hands just idling on your sides. He guided your hand and placed it unto his neck, and you gladly obliged. You wrapped your arms around him, not wanting to let go of the embrace nor the kiss.

As the two of you prolonged the kiss, the fact that you were still in your office completely got off of your mind.

You took a small step forward, in a weak effort of pushing him against the wall. He obliged the same way as you did earlier, and he leaned back, pulling you closer to him.

However, as romantic and steamy a late night makeout session it turned out to be, you were still in the office and your secretary was still outside.

The timing was annoying, really. Just as when Wakatoshi was about to touch you in places meant only for him to hold, the loud sound of a knock reached your ears, much to your dismay.

You heard him groan as you hesitantly pulled back from the kiss. With his hand still nearing your thighs, he made it impossible for you to leave to answer the door.

Unfortunately though, it wasn't just the two of you who were getting impatient. Whoever was knocking also couldn't wait any longer to be entertained.

"Y/N, dear, why aren't you-" you heard your mother's voice.

Your eyes widened upon hearing her and you looked at Wakatoshi, who was just as shocked as you were.