27 | a resemblance

The next morning, right after breakfast in the hotel, you and Wakatoshi waited outside to wait for the taxi you booked. Sam, your driver yesterday, assisted you with how to make a booking with an app.

You wore your best clothes for today since you expected to see his father for the first time. You had this beautiful and elegant summer dress and matched your bag and shoes. On the contrary, your husband wore something very casual, a shirt and jeans.

"I think that's the one," Wakatoshi pointed at the black car arriving in front.

"Oh yeah, you're right," you confirmed and looked at the plate number.

The car stopped in front of you and you crouched, looking at the driver. The driver unlocked the door from the inside, waiting for you to get in.

Wakatoshi opened the door for you and you stepped inside, holding a small piece of paper on your hand. It contained the address you typed in the app.

He got inside too and placed the pink Prada handbag from his shoulder unto his lap. "Good morning, Ma'am, Sir," the driver greeted.

"Good morning," you two greeted back as he began driving.

According to the map feature of the app, you weren't too far from the address but Sam warned you for the traffic either way. Beyond your worries of traffic and delays, you were mostly worried for how his father would react, of course.

"You think he'll like me?" you asked Wakatoshi, who had just put on the sunglasses you bought for him. He looked hot, you thought.

"He already does. What do you mean?" he wondered and looked at you.

"I mean, in his letters, yeah, but," you mumbled.

"You don't have anything to worry about," Wakatoshi reassured and held your hand.

20 minutes later, you finally arrived at a tall building with other towering condominiums around it. With your dear husband unused to the currency, you paid for the car ride instead.

You stepped down from the car and looked up at the plain colors. "This is it, right?" you asked.

"Yes, it seems like it," he answered. "Let's go?"

"Yep, let's go," you agreed with a nod. You grabbed on his free arm to cling on him and you walked to the lobby. It didn't seem too fancy but it wasn't bad either.

"Takashi Utsui, we're visiting him. Unit 7007," Wakatoshi informed the lobbyist. That's right, Wakatoshi had his mother's surname.

"Please log in here," the lobbyist instructed the two of you.

He made a call from the telephone as you wrote your names on the log book. "Wakatoshi Ushijima, Y/N Ushijima."

"Ah, Ma'am, Sir, Mr. Takashi says he wasn't expecting visitors," the lobbyist informed you.

So he is here, you thought.

"Oh."

"Can you tell him his name?" you suggested. "Wakatoshi Ushijima."

The lobbyist nodded and did as he was told. "You may go upstairs now. Mr. Takashi permits," he informed again.

"Ah, but, we need to get your IDs first please."

You looked at Wakatoshi, who had your brown bag hanging on his shoulder. "It's there, our IDs," you told him.

He placed the bag on the table in search for the IDs and moments later, you handed your TK IDs. Vice President, Brand Ambassador.

In return, the lobbyist handed you a pair of guest IDs. You headed to the elevator, then straight to Unit 7007. As you reached the door, you glanced at your husband, curious if he was as nervous as you were.

He never really showed it but you could tell it whenever he was feeling that way. One thing that made your big intimidating husband nervous, strangely, was whenever you argued.

Wakatoshi knocked on the door, not noticing the small doorbell. You tool a deep breath as the faint breeze made your dress flutter slightly.

The door opened and your panic began to build up. Wakatoshi, as a comforting gesture, held your hand tighter. "Wakatoshi," you heard the masculine voice of his father.

You looked at him and his obvious resemblance to Wakatoshi. Wakatoshi definitely had his mother's eyes and nose but they had the same soft expression.

This was the first time you've seen him in personal, plus your dear husband only had very few photos of him.

"And Y/N-san," he acknowledged you.

"Good morning," you greeted and bowed, trying to fake the calm demeanor you had at work.

"I was so surprised when the lobbyist said I had visitors. And he even said you were here," he spoke.

"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't send a letter before going here," Wakatoshi apologized. It was even more surprising that he almost remained unfazed.

"It's alright, it's alright. Come in," his father welcomed the two of you.

And as you entered the small apartment, the sight of a young boy playing near the terrace greeted you. "Uh, who's that?" you mumbled.

 "Uh, who's that?" you mumbled