30 | wakatoshi-nii

You fulfilled your promise to Ken, and that's how you ended up in the bay area of MOA, the area with family and thrill rides. Ken was already 11, none of the kiddie rides entertained him so you decided to take him to bumper cars. Of course, you couldn't join him there and you let Wakatoshi go with him.

In the railings near the ride, you waited for the two who were still in line. You brought out your phone, ready to film their bonding. A few minutes later, you spotted the two hop on the cars and interestingly, Ken wanted to ride on a separate car. Towering at a height of 192 cm, the car was a little too small for Wakatoshi. Either way, as soon as the music cued, you started recording, even waving at the two. "Hi, Y/N-nee!" you heard Ken greet you.

Everyone else started their cars and it was a chaos inside, a fun one at least. Shortly after, Ken was stuck in a pool of other cars, not knowing how to get out. Wakatoshi, in a poker face as usual, tried helping the boy but accidentally bumped his car with his. Now he was also stuck, making you laugh from a distance.

Later on, the two finally got out and his mood visibly lightened. For the rest of the time, Ken kept on bumping on Wakatoshi's, and Wakatoshi kept trying to avoid the boy.

The ride soon finished and you met them on the exit. "That was fun, Wakatoshi-nii," the boy exclaimed, grabbing his hand. "Where to next?"

"Do you want to go there?" Wakatoshi pointed at a thrilling ride, quite delighted about Ken being more comfortable around him.

"That ship looks so scary," Ken commented, "I want to ride that!"

"Are you scared, Toshi?" you chuckled.

"No, let's go there now," he answered with a serious tone.

"Alright, alright," you agreed, nodding.

The two lined up for the pirate ship ride and like earlier, you waited for them at the sides. It was obviously more extreme than a bumper car and you yourself were excited to see if Wakatoshi would still have a poker face.

Perhaps you were right. As soon as the two got in the ride, Ken dragged Wakatoshi to the corner of the ship, where the experience would probably feel scarier. You got your phone again and switched to the camera app to record it.

Wakatoshi helped Ken with the safety bar and even said something to him, probably making sure the boy was alright. The ride started after all safety bars were down and Ken beamed with excitement even from afar. It began with slow and low swings and gradually became much terrifying. Ken raised his arms, overjoyed with the thrills, contrary to Wakatoshi, who obviously had no idea how to react to this. You couldn't help but laugh as you filmed it; your dear husband was clueless.

Ken kept raising his arms as the ship reached its peak on their side and he even grabbed Wakatoshi's arm, trying to make his brother do the same. The older looked at him, a little confused, but nevertheless, obliged. You couldn't tell that well from a distance but after that, you swore you could see him chuckle.

The ride ended after a few more swings and you met them on the exit. "How is it?" you asked Ken, who held Wakatoshi's hand again.

"It was really fun, Y/N-nee," the younger answered.

"Really? How about we try the other stalls though?" you suggested and looked at the game stalls like darts and basketball.

"I'm not good with those though," Ken admitted.

"Is there a prize you want?" you asked, "Maybe Toshi-kun can win those."

"I can?" Wakatoshi himself wondered.

"Well, let's give it a try," you suggested again. Unlike the rides, you could at least participate in these.

"Okay! Can I have that penguin?" Ken requested as he walked towards the prizes displayed. You followed them and looked at the instructions; It was a coin toss game.

"We could bu-" Wakatoshi spoke but paused, quickly realizing it was a prize. "Y/N, can't we just buy him a penguin?" he whispered to you."

"We'll buy him one if this doesn't work," you told him, "Apparently, it's more thrilling if you win it."

"Oh, I see."

"Also, Wakatoshi-nii, can we buy snacks later?" the boy requested. Since you didn't have a child just yet, you enjoyed spoiling him.