36 | infinity (end)

5 Years Later

"We're home," you heard your husband's ever familiar voice, along with the sound of several footsteps on the front door. They were finally back from the park, where they usually played with the other kids in the neighborhood.

"Welcome home," you raised your voice from the storage room before heading out.

"Toshiro-chan, don't run," you warned your youngest as you caught a glimpse of him rush towards the door, perhaps to go to his father.

"Wakatsu-chan wanted gyudon for dinner again, so I bought gyudon," your husband informed you.

"She really likes gyudon, huh?" you chuckled and gave your husband a peck on the lips.

"Well, how was your trip to the park?" you asked and crouched down at Wakumi.

"The twins kept fighting about the ball but it was still fun, Mama," she answered.

"The Tsukishima twins?" you confirmed.

"Yes, they're at her age," Wakatoshi answered for you and you stood up. He went to the kitchen to grab a drink and you followed.

"Are the twins nice to them?" you worried.

"Yes, all the kids are. No need to worry," he reassured before taking a sip.

"They all get along well?"

"Yes," he answered.

"That's good," you sighed in relief. "Wakumi is a little timid and shy, so that's good to know."

"Wakatsu is a little more outgoing so Wakumi also earns herself some friends thanks to her."

Afterwards, your husband went to your room to change to his night clothes and you watched over the three near the couch, all still bursting with energy. They stared at the sleeping pet rabbit on the corner, then tried to look for a toy.

"Toshiro-chan, do you want to play volleyball with us?" Wakatsu offered.

"Play ball?" he asked.

"Yes, like Papa! I've seen Papa play, he's like a, a, what do you call it, Nee-san?" Wakatsu added.

"A cannon, Wacchan."

"A cannon?" The boy tilted his head.

"Yes, like a pirate ship cannon! Papa is that strong."

"Yes, I am strong," Wakatoshi agreed just as he got out of the room in an old shirt and shorts.

"Play car," Toshiro suggested and grabbed his car toy nearby.

"Oh, you really like cars?" Wakumi noticed.

"All he likes are cars," Wakatsu answered the eldest.

Wakatoshi sat on the sofa next to you and turned on the television. You focused on your attention to the screen, hoping to find something interesting. However, the first thing that was displayed wasn't exactly what you were looking for. In fact, it was a replay of an episode of Yokai Watch.

"Uh oh, you know what this means," you sighed and glanced at Wakatoshi's unfazed reaction, then to the kids.

"Y-Yokai Watch!" Wakatsu exclaimed, grabbing the attention of the two.

"Yup, here we go," you sighed again as Wakatoshi switched the channel. Even he was a little too tired of having to watch kid's shows most of the time.

"Papa," Wakumi cried out softly. She wasn't the type to scream or be loud, but she definitely had no difficulty expressing herself.

"Papa, the channel please," she pleaded with an innocent puppy eye look. You always knew that your husband couldn't say no to Wakumi, especially when she looked like that.