bonus | ushijima headcanons

random family headcanons
for the ushijima residence!

• You have three beautiful children, Wakumi (bewilder, beauty), Wakatsu (flower), and Toshiro (clever).

• Among the three, Wakumi resembled Wakatoshi the most, especially her personality.

• Wakumi's as reserved as her father but she is nowhere near shy. It worried you that she might not make much friends but Wakatoshi says she'll be fine.

• Wakatsu was the loudest but she's not exactly a social butterfly, she's just a little more outspoken.

• Toshiro was a smart boy but he was so shy so growing up, he found it difficult to communicate with kids of his age.

mornings in the ushijima residence

• Since both of you are working, you have a hectic morning routine. Wake up by 7:30, prepare for work, wake Wakatoshi up, wake Wakumi (she's in elementary) and Wakatsu (she's in kindergarten), eat, take them to school, then go to work with him.

• Your work and Wakatoshi's don't finish until 5 or 6PM, so you have Itsuki to drive the kids home.

handedness

• Wakumi and Toshiro are lefties! Wakatsu is a righty.

• However, one time, you let the kids sleep over in their grandmother's place (because you had a business trip, your husband had a game abroad)

• A week later, when you get back, you find out that Wakatoshi's mom and grandmother tried to make Wakumi write on her right hand. Turns out that she's ambidextrous.

• You found out about this and you nicely told them not to do it again, emphasizing that being a lefty isn't abnormal.

the siblings and sports

• Wakatsu adored all kinds of sports. Volleyball, basketball, heck even soccer, she loved it all. Wakatoshi himself was surprised about it when he noticed and it was obvious that he was proud.

• Wakumi went along with it but she only really liked volleyball.

• His daughters loving volleyball? Wakatoshi was overjoyed. You had this small backyard where Wakatoshi would teach them how to play.

• Toshiro, unlike what Wakatoshi expected from his only son, has never showed interest in volleyball.

• You could tell he was a little disappointed at first but if Toshiro doesn't really like sports, he's okay with it.

• Since Toshiro didn't like any of those, he was much closer to you, while the two were daddy's girls.

• Toshiro began showing interest in cars and drawing, so you'd join him whenever he played. Being the only son, Wakatoshi would try to get close with him by spoiling him with gifts.

• Once, he came across this art store and bought this hundred dollar paint tools. You worried with how carefree he was with finances but you let it go anyway.

surprises and spoiling

• You thought Wakatoshi isn't the type to do "girly" activities? Wrong, anything for his little princesses!

• One time, you opened the door to Wakumi and Wakatsu's room, then saw Wakatoshi in a tiara, joining them in their fancy tea party (you find out they were mimicking you lol)

• The only hairstyle he could ever do is a ponytail so more than 50% of the time, the girls wear a ponytail

• "Y/N, can you teach me how to do a bun?"

• "A what, Toshi?"

• "Hair bun."

random headcanons

• You'd get home after staying too long in the company, then you see Wakatoshi napping in the couch with Toshiro.

• You guess that he had been waiting for you, but why Toshiro? Turns out that they've been spending the entire time playing video games.

Definitely consults the internet more than you think. This man's search history would be too interesting to read. What to gift an 8 year old girl. Games for father and son. How to tell if you're spoiling your kids too much. What does it mean if...

• Wakatoshi still has games abroad and whenever he's away, the kids would go looking for him. The only solution? Hours and hours of videocalls.

• "Papa, come back!" Wakatsu would sob in front of the laptop.

• "Papa will be home in two days," he explains to them, a little unsure what else to say.

• "Papa, where are you?" Toshiro asks.

• "He's in California," Wakumi answers for him.

• "Yes, California."

• "What are you doing there? Come back here, Papa," Wakatsu, the clingiest of the three, continues sobbing.

• "Your grandpa moved here. And I have a game," Wakatoshi answers.

• "Grandpa?" "What?"

• "He's the man in that picture," Wakumi answers again, pointing at the laptop collage wallpaper.

overall...

• Overall, as expected from his stoic personality, he isn't the type to be very vocal about his feelings. He doesn't even say I love you to the kids as much as you do, but his love language remains unchanged, and that is, quality time and gifts.

• The girls want to try new weird hairstyles? Wakatoshi's already learning through youtube videos.

• The kids want to cook? He orders a toy kitchen set and is already asking you about a new stove.

• Toshiro wants to play Animal Crossing? On his birthday, he gets a new nintendo switch with five other games Wakatoshi thought he'd like.

• Not saying he's not careful with money, because he'd definitely consult you with finances most of the time, but he's the type to express his love through actions instead.