2 | high school

Wakatoshi woke up in the same bed you slept on together, but he was now alone. You had to leave early in the morning again and had little time to even prepare breakfast or a snack for him. It was disappointing for the two of you, spending so much time separated just after marriage, but you couldn't do anything about it.

"Good morning, love. I hope you slept well. Don't skip your meals and eat well before you train. I love you.

Also, I bought some chocolates for you last night, it's on the fridge. It's yours."

You remembered leaving a note on the bedside table. You hoped he ate well though you yourself only ate bread for breakfast.

As you looked through the files your secretary gave you, you noticed your phone vibrate.

"I'm going to train. Thank you for the chocolate. I love you too," you read his message. Ever since you got busier, he made it a point to give you short updates about what his day.

"Ushijima-san," you heard your secretary knock.

"Come in," you told him and put down your phone, "What is it?" you asked as he entered your office.

"The reporter is here and she's persistent on seeing you," he informed you, "She's from a film company."

"Film? Reporter?"

"She wants to talk to you about a documentary. Should I turn her down?" he asked.

"We can talk," you permitted her entry.

"Okay," he nodded and exited the room, probably about to call the reporter.

"Is this the documentary Tendou-san talked about before?" you wondered and turned on your computer.

Not long after, you heard another knock on the door. It was probably the reporter.

"Come in," you spoke as you typed on your computer.

"G-good morning!" she greeted.

"Take a seat."

"I'm Ozawa Aya, I'm from NL Production," she introduced herself while you continued using your computer.

"What brings you here, Ozawa-san?"

"We'd like to make a short documentary on Ushijima Wakatoshi," she directly answered, making you pause from your work.

You lifted your hands from your mouse and keyboard and looked at her in the eye.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi?" you clarified, she was referring to your husband, right?

"Yes, we make documentaries about the best in sports. Personally, I admire his talent and skills," she answered and presented your her iPad.

She was showing you the documentaries her company made before. You recognized some people too.

"We'd like you to be in it too, Director Ushijima," she addressed you properly.

"Why is that?" you asked, determining how they'll present you.

"Honestly, Director, when you had your grand wedding, you were the talk in the world of business and sports. Ushijima Wakatoshi, one of the best players in Japan, and you, Director, the heir of TK."

"You should talk to him personally. We're his manager but the decision is on him," you answered, now minding your work again.

"Then I'll be taking my leave," she politely spoke and turned off her tablet.

Schweiden Adlers Training - 11:50AM

You were tired of the routine you were starting to form. You wake up, leave the house, go to work, then go home to see your husband for the first time for the day. Routines can be boring, so this time, you tried changing things for a bit.

"Secretary Dan, I'll be back in half an hour," you told him before leaving the car. You were about to cross the road when you heard his name get called.

"Ushijima-san," you heard a feminine voice calling him as you walked near the court.

You spotted him walking near the gate and he paused upon hearing his name. A girl, you guessed probably in her early 20's as well, approached him with a small box on her hand.

"What is this? A high school scenario?" you scoffed, remembering the days when Wakatoshi would get gifts from fangirls.

"Yes?" you heard Wakatoshi, "Do you have business with me?"

"I-I'm a big f-fan!" she exclaimed and handed him a poster. It was his photo in the Schweiden Adlers.

"Ah, I see," he nodded.

"Can I have your s-signature?" she stuttered again, "Please!"

He nodded once again, still looking stoic.

"Thank you!" she exclaimed once again and handed him a marker.

He lowered his head after signing the poster and she did the same before leaving. It was a scene you were too familiar with.

Before long, you approached him and called his name. He didn't need to guess to figure out whose voice it was. He turned around quickly and his face lit up quite a bit despite his stoic nature.

"Y/N-chan."

"Toshi-kun," you repeated, feeling giddy like a high school girl.

He looked at you and asked, "What brings you here?"

"Well, technically, I'm a shareholder of this gym," you flaunted and joked.

"Business then?" he asked, taking it to seriously. Adorable, really.

"I'm kidding, Toshi-kun. I bought lunch, let's eat," you chuckled.

"Ah, I see," he nodded.

"Ushijima-san," you heard someone call him again, it was a boy, this time.

"Oh, Kageyama-kun," Wakatoshi muttered and looked at the boy in the entrance.

"Oh!" you saw the black-haired boy gasp upon seeing you, "D-did I disturb you?" he walked a little closer.

"No, don't worry," you reassured him. You guessed that it was Kageyama Tobio, the setter Wakatoshi was talking about before.

"Director Ushijima," you were interrupted again, "We need to go back to the office now," you were sure it was Secretary Dan this time.

"Already?" you whined and looked at your secretary approaching.

"We really can never get some proper alone time, can't we?" you thought.

You averted your gaze back to Wakatoshi. You were starting to see frustration in his eyes.

"This is bad," you muttered.