20 | destination

"I can't believe we're going to be parents soon, Toshi-kun," you admitted while he played with the ends of your hair.

You were lying on the bed right to him, with your head resting on his arms and your hand on his chest.

"Me neither, Y/N-chan," he spoke in a soft voice, still maintaining his somehow stoic tone.

"I've come up a name, in case we're having a girl," you told him.

"You're hoping for a girl?" he asked.

"Yeah, but if we'll have a boy, I'll love him the same way, of course," you answered. "Do you want a boy or a girl, Toshi-kun?"

"It doesn't matter to me," he answered honestly, "You said you want a big family, right?"

"Yes, lots of mini me and yous," you said and let out a chuckle.

"You came up with a name, right? What is it?"

"Wakumi. From your name too, Wakatoshi. It's a pretty name, isn't it, Toshi-kun?" You looked at him to see how he'd react.

"Ushijima Wakumi," he muttered.

"Sounds beautiful, literally too. Mi."

"Are you sure you want to get it from my name?" he asked with a soft look on his face. Thanks to the seven years you've been together, you could easily tell how delighted he was now.

"Yes, I'm sure," you nodded.

"By the way, let's keep this from the media, alright?" you added, "They're gonna be making a big fuss out of this."

"Sure," he nodded, "They're probably going to bother you though, not me."

"Should I tell my parents soon?" you asked and looked at him again.

He nodded and returned the question, "When should I tell my mother?"

"Your father too, Toshi-kun," you added, "Don't you want him to know?"

"It's been a while since we last talked."

"More reason for you to talk."

"You think so, Y/N-chan?"

"Yeah, I want to meet him personally too. Not just in letters, Toshi-kun."

"Personally?"

"Where is he now?"

"Philippines."

"Let's go meet him," you said as your eyes shined with excitement, "It's gonna be like a vacation for us, too."

° ° ° ° °

9:30AM
Clinic

° ° ° ° °

"Oh, Ushijima-san. Good morning again," the doctor greeted as you came inside the office, "Take a seat please."

"Good morning, Doctor," you both greeted before taking a seat.

"So, when did you take the pregnancy tests?" she began.

"One week ago, maybe 10 days ago?" you answered.

"Ah, I see," the doctor nodded.

"Well?" Wakatoshi looked at the two of you, wanting to know the results already.

"You're one and a half month pregnant, Miss," the doctor revealed, "Congratulations."

"Toshi-kun," you looked at him as you said out his name with a smile.

"I'll give you a schedule on when you need to have a check up again," she added.

Wakatoshi's subtle expression changed and you could tell how delighted he was.

"Okay, okay!" you nodded, now facing the doctor again, "When can we know if we're having a boy or girl?"

° ° ° ° °

Ushijima Residence

1 hour later

° ° ° ° °

"Should we tell my parents?" you asked as you unlocked the door.

"Now, Y/N-chan?"

"I mean, dad's probably not on a trip today. He might be in the headquarters," you answered and removed your shoes.

"Aren't you tired?" Wakatoshi asked as you sat on the couch.

"I'm not that easily tired, Toshi-kun," you told him, "Did you read that somewhere?"

"Yes. It says here pregnant women get tired easily," he answered and pulled out his phone.

"You did your research already," you chuckled.

"Yes. And it says here you may be prone to food cravings too," he added and sat beside you, now tapping his phone.

"That's cute," you commented, "What else?"

"You may be more sensitive to smells. And," he paused, "Ah, and changes with your body," he looked at you, then unto your chest.

"M-my-" you stuttered and covered your chest, a little shy and surprised.

"Yes," he answered, unfazed as expected of him.

"W-what else?" you asked, moving on from that.

"Mood swings too, Y/N-chan," he continued. "Do I make you mad?"

You shook your head in response, "No, of course not."

"Well, let's go buy a book or something. On pregnancy and all that. What do you think?" you asked and leaned towards him.

"We can go now if you want then we can go to your parents to tell them."

"Then our next stop will be?"

"Manila."