Chapter Four

--
Micah's pov

"Mh- Baby, I think that's your sister." I felt a gentle jab to my stomach from Titus, who had decided to sleep with me instead of on the couch. Groaning, I rubbed my eyes and yawned as I registered the sound of retching from the bathroom. 

"What time is it?" I sat up slowly, resting a hand on his waist from behind as I looked to the clock. "It's really two a.m? Jesus fuck."

"Just go check on her. I'll stay in here while you do." He snuggled under the blankets further and I sighed, knowing he was still half asleep. I still decided to crawl out of bed and pad down the hallway quietly.

Once I reached the bathroom, I knocked twice before opening the door. "You okay?" I leaned against the doorframe and snorted as Kai held up the middle finger.

"Love you too, Sis." I walked over to her, grabbing a hair tie off the counter and pulling her hair back into a messy bun.

"Thanks," She muttered. I kneeled down beside her and rubbed her back gently.

"No need to thank me. I'm your brother." She wiped her mouth with a rag and leaned back against the wall as I flushed the toilet. She groaned and I leaned next to her. "What?"

"Cramps.." I raised a brow and looked over.

"Period?" She shook her head.

"Already had it this month." My brows furrowed and I shook my head.

"No you haven't." She looked over in surprise and attempted to sit up straighter.

"And how would you know?" She crossed her arms defiantly and I pointed to the trashcan. 

"I would've seen the wrappers and tampons, Kai. We literally share a bathroom." I looked at her and she sighed. 

"I forget you're smart sometimes." I nodded and crossed my arms as well.

"In fact, I know you didn't have a period last month either." She leaned her head back against the wall, and I copied her actions.

"I've always been irregular."

"You've never missed one though, let alone two."

"That doesn't really matter though-"

I quickly raised my head and turned to face her. "It might."

"What are you insinuating?" She furrowed her brows and I just shrugged.

"I dunno. I just think you should tell Mina. I know you don't like talking about this stuff with Dad and Pop."

Her breath hitched as she sat up and shook her head. "No, I'm sure I'm fine. It might just be the stress the alcohol puts on my body.."

I nodded slowly. "About that.." She cut me off quickly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you a bad brother. I wasn't thinking straight and I was drunk-"

I grabbed her face and she shut up. "It's alright. I know you didn't mean it. But I still want to tell you something, so listen to me, okay?" She nodded slowly and I continued.

"You are my baby sister. No matter how close in age we actually are. I made a promise to you when we were little. Do you remember that?" She shook her head 'no'.

"You were only four and it was in this bathroom after you had scraped your knee. I sat you on the toilet lid like Pop had asked and I kissed your scrape and I promised you, 'Kai, I will always be your big brother and I will always protect you.'

"I promised you that because you were upset and your knee hurt. But that was also the day that I decided I was never going to break a single promise. Ever."

She sniffled as she cried and I wiped the tears from her face. "I love you, Kai. That's why I took your phone earlier. Because if that's what it takes to protect you then you can be damn sure that's what I'm going to do."

I wasn't expecting the amount of force she put into the hug as she squeezed me tightly. "Thank you, Micah."

"You're welcome. Do you need help getting back to bed?" she shook her head and stood. Albeit, shakily, but she stood.

"Alright. I'll see you in the morning. I think Niko would like to see you for breakfast." I stood beside her before walking out of the bathroom and back to my room, where I smiled at the curled up boy on my bed.

Quietly, I pushed the door shut and clicked the lock before walking over to the edge of my bed. Titus was curled up facing me so I kneeled down and pressed my lips against his head gently.

"Mic'? Everything okay?" He cracked his eyes open and I nodded before continuing to press kisses down the bridge of his nose. By the time I reached his lips, he had a soft smile on his face.

"You're a dork." He giggled and sat up with his elbow supporting him as his other hand found the back of my head in the dark room.

"I'm your dork though." I didn't give him time to respond, pressing my lips to his as he accepted the kiss happily.

"Hey, Micah?" He kept the grip on my hair as he pulled away.

"Yes? You alright?" I brushed my hand through his hair and he nodded. "Well what is it then?"

He swallowed before taking a breath. "I lo-"

"No! Don't steal my line!" I started laughing and he was startled before laughing as well.

"Why does it get to be your line? It was your line in school too!" I laughed harder as I remembered the time I asked him out. He nearly asked me before I could ask him and I cut him off with a similar response.

"I'm sorry! Can I say it? Please?" I bent down and nuzzled his cheek and he snickered before caving.

"Sure. I guess so." His hand fell to rest on my shoulder as I pressed our foreheads together.

"Titus...I love you. So much." He giggled and rolled onto his back on the bed.

"You cheese! Do I get to say it back now?" He looked over at me with a smile.

"Of course, Baby." I slowly crawled up onto the bed so I was hovering over him. "Go ahead."

I could see Titus watch me as I crawled over him, eventually forming words to speak. "I love you too, Micah." He rested his hands on my shoulders.

Smiling, I leaned down to trail kisses down his jaw and neck, earning a pleased hum from him. I pulled down the collar of his shirt to leave a hickey and he groaned.

"What if they see? That would be embarrassing." I kissed at the mark before setting his shirt back in place.

"It's covered. They won't see unless you don't have a shirt on." I moved so I was sitting beside him and he nodded, pulling me to lay down so he could cuddle me.

"I'm going back to sleep. Goodnight." I rested my hand on his back and smiled.

"Goodnight, Ti'. Sweet dreams." I kissed his head and laid next to him for hours and watched as the sun slowly rose, bathing him, and my entire room in an orange glow.

--