Epilogue

--
Micah's pov : 29 years old

"Daddy?"

"Daddy wake up!"

"Papa too! Papa too!"

I grunted as I felt a small human jump on my back, pulling me from my peaceful sleep. I chuckled as two more bodies wormed their way into bed with me and Titus.

"Aatami, please-" I heard Titus yawn before turning my head to see one of my sons shaking him awake as he covered his eyes with his arm. I smiled before speaking.

"That's Eden, Baby." I saw Kaya laying between us and assumed Aatami must be the one still lying on my back.

"Close enough." My husband mumbled and I rolled to the side so the twin on my back would land on his sister. They both squealed before I switched sides to face my whole family.

"Good morning, Kiddos. Sleep good?" I propped my head up with my arm and they all nodded. Kaya moved to snuggle into me and I ran my fingers through her shiny brown curls. She was eight now and we had adopted her on her seventh birthday. She was officially a Bakugo.

The five year old twin boys both cuddled into Titus, Eden on his shoulder and Aatami on his stomach as he patted their heads. Silky black hair splayed over their dark eyes and I dully noted that they would need a haircut soon. It was quiet as we all laid in the bed before I was standing, grabbing Kaya to toss her over my shoulder as she giggled.

"Daddy stop it!" She kicked her legs and I walked around the bed to grab Aatami, hoisting him up around the waist and carrying him under my arm. Titus laughed as I carried them out to the living room of our apartment. We'd moved into a bigger, three bedroom apartment until we found a house.

I dropped Aatami onto the couch and then Kaya next to him as they laughed. I gave them both a kiss on the head before turning on a random cartoon and making my way to the kitchen. Titus soon joined me, Eden in his arms, like nearly every morning. The small boy's head rested on Titus' shoulder sleepily and his thumb was in his mouth. We'd definitely have to break him from that sometime.

Titus got three cups out to make each kid some milk. Chocolate for Kaya, plain for Aatami, and strawberry for Eden. At least they don't get their drinks mixed up. I offered to help, but he waved me off, easily making all three and carrying them to the living room with one hand, all while holding Eden.

If that isn't mom mode, I don't know what is.

~

Later in the day, the kids (and adults) were still in their pajamas, but now the children were playing with each other. A super hero show was playing on the tv and I watched it as Titus leaned into my side on the couch. I sighed and turned my head to him.

"Do you ever wish you could be like those heroes? All tough, and saving people with their awesome powers?" I chuckled and Titus smiled, shaking his head. "No? I used to. Before I met you, anyway. Sometimes I still wonder." I went to crack another joke before Titus was holding my face in his hands.

"Micah, you shouldn't ever want to have some fancy power. Look," he nodded his head to the kids who, when I looked, were crashing monster trucks into each other with smiles and giggles. "Kaya is so much happier since she came to live with us and we got the twins out of their bad situation. You're a hero to them."

"I-" I went to speak again but got cut off.

"You saved me from from my father. You're a hero to me. Thank you." He leaned in and I smiled into the soft kiss before he pulled away just slightly, mumbling against my lips. It was a phrase that still sticks with me to this day.

"Thank You, for being a true hero."

--
THE END

Before you go!

I just have to say thank you to everyone who's read both the original and this book. Some of you multiple times. It's been an absolute rollercoaster writing this series and I can't imagine it being any better than it has been.

Every single one of you is loved and appreciated. I love reading your comments and being able to laugh at them.

From now on, I will mainly be focusing on Fatal Battleground, which is my Zombie AU book. I'm still iffy about Midnight Tempo so I don't know how often I'll be updating on that.

Have a nice day/night, have fun, and stay safe.

-Kat❤