Chapter 29

--
Micah's pov : 22 years old

I checked the clock as I quietly paced around the kitchen for the third time. Titus should have been home an hour ago, and he wasn't answering his phone. I rubbed my eyes and leaned my elbows against the counter.

It was another ten minutes before I heard the door to the apartment open and shut, and a bag drop to the floor. I quickly made my way out of the kitchen and saw Titus leaning against the door, head tilted back and his eyes closed. Glasses sat on the bridge of his nose and even though I could tel he was tired, he looked so beautiful.

"Hey Baby. Rough day?" I rested my hands on his hips and he lifted his head, nodding before laying it on my shoulder, never opening his eyes, and never saying a word. We stood like that in silence before I went to pull away, feeling his hands reach up to rest on my back and keep me in place.

"No. Stay," He muttered. I moved my hand to the back of his head and pressed a kiss to his hair gently.

"Come on, dinner's in the oven. Let's go eat, love." My voice was soft and he whined before inhaling deeply and nuzzling his cheek against my shoulder, then finally pulling away. It did look rather reluctant, though. I smiled at him and he gave a tired smile back.

"Okay." He held my hand and I pulled him into the kitchen, sitting him at the counter before pulling the pan of food out of the oven. "Sorry I was late. They kept me overtime to clean." Titus rested his chin on his fist and I chuckled.

"That's okay. Your phone died?" I glanced back at him and he looked confused before pulling his phone out of his pocket and trying to turn it on.

"I guess it did. Sorry. I didn't even notice." He scratched the back of his head and I shrugged, setting a plate on front of him.

"Don't be sorry. I was just a little worried. But it's ok. You're home now." I pressed a kiss to his temple and he smiled.

~

Sometime after dinner, we were cuddled in bed, a movie on tv playing quietly in the background.

"So, I've been thinking," Titus started quietly. His head was on my chest and my hand in his hair. "I don't know if I want to do a wedding ceremony. I mean, we're already married, what's the point in throwing a big expensive party that we're gonna have your side of the family and some friends at?" He tilted his head to look up and me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I see your point. And who needs vows? You should know I'm gonna love you till death do us part." I smiled and he snickered, nodding.

"I do know. And you know I love you." He sat up on his elbows. "So no ceremony?"

I nodded. "No ceremony." My hand slid up his bare back as Titus scooted up so our faces were closer, leaning in. I brought my hand to the back of his head and tugged his hair gently as we kissed. Reaching down with my free hand, I hooked it under his knee and pulled him so he was straddling my waist.

"Micah, no-" he laughed as he pulled away from the kiss.

"No what?" I slid both hands up and down his sides before moving them down his thighs and squeezing gently, smiling.

"Seriously, not tonight." He placed his hands on mine and I nodded in affirmation before pulling him down so he was laying on top of me, head resting on my chest and legs tangling with mine. One hand rested on his lower back and the other around his shoulders.

"Okay. Just cuddles then?" I scratched his shoulder lightly and he nodded, sighing as he relaxed into me more.

"Mhm." I could tell he was tired so I grabbed the remote and turned the tv off, feeling his breath start to even out and deepen. "Night Mic'," he mumbled.