Chapter 34

--
Micah's pov

It was sometime in the middle of the night when I was awoken by my husband talking. It didn't take me long to realize it was him on the phone. He was sitting up in the bed and had a confused look on his face as the person on the other side of the phone spoke. Reaching out, I placed my hand on his leg to let him know I was awake. He glanced at me before looking back in front of him and grabbing my hand in his own.

"Ma'am I don't-" he stopped speaking and took a deep breath in, shaking his head. He waited until the woman on the other side of the phone went quiet before trying to speak again. "And You're sure there isn't anyone else?" He rubbed his eyes tiredly. He sighed as she stopped speaking and blinked. "Ok. Give me half an hour and I'll be there." He tossed the blanket off of himself and moved to stand. "Yes...Alright....Thank you, bye." He hung up the phone and I sat up in bed.

"Who was that?" My voice was hoarse and I cleared my throat before reaching to grab the bottle of water on my nightstand as Titus grabbed a pair of pants.

"That was Kaya's administrator. I didn't get the full story but something happened and she's been screaming and crying for the past three hours. No one can calm her and her administrator thinks I can get through to her somehow." He buttoned his jeans and stripped his shirt off to find a clean one. I climbed out of bed myself and found my own clothes. "What are you doing?"

"Going with You. What does it look like I'm doing?" I pulled a shirt on and he shrugged, fixing his hair a bit before grabbing his glasses and sliding them on his face. I fixed my hair as well and grabbed my phone, sliding it into my pocket. When I eventually had the common sense to check the time, it was nearly twelve.

"Come on, I told her half an hour and it'll take twenty minutes to get there." Titus walked out of the room and I followed, sliding my shoes on before titus grabbed the keys. "She should have sent me the address. Check my messages." He handed me his phone and I opened it as we made our way out of the apartment, Chip meowing as I shut the door behind us. I found the message and handed him back the phone. He took it and we quickly got in the car.

"She didn't even tell you what happened? Why Kaya's crying?" I asked as he started driving.

"She doesn't even know why Kaya is crying. All she knows is something happened and next Kaya was screaming and crying and she has been for three hours." His grip was hard on the steering wheel, making his knuckles white. I reached over and placed my hand on his thigh and I swear I could see his heartbeat through his shirt.

"Calm down. I'm sure She's okay." I rubbed his leg and he took a deep breath, hands loosening as he shook himself out a bit.

"I know. I'm just stressing myself out." It was a whisper that I nearly missed, and he brought his hand down to intertwine with mine. It wasn't much longer before we were pulling into the parking lot of a big building. When we got out, there was an older lady waiting for us at the front doors. Her name was Mrs. Nakamura and she introduced herself as the Administrator.

We were lead through halls and up a few flights of stairs before we were on her floor. I knew because we could hear the crying from the end of the hall. There was a group of people crowded around a door and they all turned to us. Titus -my sweet, handsome, loving Titus- started barking orders.

"Everyone away from the door. I'm going in, and no one speaks to her or each other, no one opens the door, no one even touches the doorknob unless I say so. Are we clear?" Everyone nodded and he nodded back, pulling me into the room and shutting the door behind us.

Upon hearing someone enter, Kaya started crying harder, shaking her head as her eyes were squeezed shut. She started to yell but it was obvious she had screamed her voice raw.