Chapter 29 ; continued

Chapter 29

Once I was a few blocks away I finally slowed my pace back down to a casual walk. Even though I was able to get my breathing back to normal my heart was still racing in my chest, I knew part of it was the thrill. Sometimes I missed those bad decisions, the rush that seemed to pulse through me while doing it seemed to awaken a part of me that I had put to sleep a while ago. I hated to admit how good it felt. The buzzing in my pocket seemed to break the trance the adrenaline had put me in.

"You good?" Alex's voice rang out, his voice a bit rushed. I let out a small laugh, "Yeah I'm good, everything go smoothly?" I asked, turning off the main road and heading down and back alley. "Yeah, we are good, we just got to the storage unit, unloading now. We should be good to go in a few minutes. Where do I need to pick you up?" He asked, as I navigated through the dark alley behind the businesses that lined this side of the road. "I'll meet you at the corner of 5th and Washington, sound good?" He agreed and quickly got off the phone.

I let the high from the job rush through my veins as I moved slowly through the alley way. I couldn't ignore the budding fear that maybe I just couldn't give up this life. What would happen to me and Sam if I couldn't? Could she accept this lifestyle, or would she leave me for good? The fear mixed with the adrenaline gave me a weird buzz that seemed to flow from my fingertips to my toes. For now, I would just focus on the now and worry about that stuff later.

An hour later I stood in front of the inventory we had taken from my father. Getting revenge on him was going to be the biggest high in this game. I couldn't wait to destroy everything he built while destroying others, mainly destroying the love of my life.

"Liam this is way more goods than we thought. There is almost twice the amount of pills and Roman is back there working on getting you an estimate on coke...this was a way bigger load then we anticipated..." Alex mumbled as his eyes scanned over the goods stacked along the walls of the small storage unit. I ran my hand through my hair, he was right, it was going to be a lot harder to get rid of this in a timely manner. "Let's get a hold of our friends in L.A. I am sure we can unload through them..." Alex nodded and headed out of the unit to make a few calls. My dad was going to be pissed and I couldn't help but love the thought of screwing him over at this magnitude.

Alex got ahold of some of our out of town contacts, we loaded up our rental car and headed out to make some deliveries. We needed to clear that unit ASAP if we wanted to come out clean. I turned my cell phone off and we hit the road.

———————————————-
Note: I know it's not much of an update but I promise I'm working on chapter 30 as you read this 😘