Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 5)

Lisa pressed the buzzer and waited patiently.

"Hello?" A woman's voice was heard through the speaker.

"Eunjoo unnie? It's Lisa."

"Ah. Joonmyun told me you were coming. Come on up."

Lisa heard the buzzer and quickly pushed the glass door. She held it open, letting Jennie through.

They went inside the elevator and up the building before Lisa rang the bell to an apartment on the 15th floor.

The door was opened by a thin woman who looked very similar to Joonmyun.

Jennie noticed that the woman was still quite young in spite of the way she dressed or the tired lines on her face. She bowed politely behind Lisa.

"Long time no see, Lisa," greeted the woman.

"Yeah." Lisa smiled awkwardly. "Sorry to bother you this late, Unnie."

"It's fine. I'm still waiting for Oppa to come home from work." She then saw the other lady.

"Ah. This is Jennie. She's part of our team." Lisa stepped aside, introducing Jennie to Eunjoo.

"Good evening, Unnie." Jennie bowed again.

"Good evening. You're an Inspector too?"

Jennie smiled, shaking her head. "I'm just helping them out. Kinda like a consultant."

"She's not a police officer, Unnie," explained Lisa.

"Oh. Well, come on in." The woman let them through. "Joonmyun told me that you're reopening the case. He was here with Chanyeol earlier today," said the woman as she went to the kitchen to get them drinks.

Lisa and Jennie waited patiently in the living room after taking their shoes and jackets off.

"Yes, we are reviewing everything, Unnie," answered Lisa, raising her voice a bit so she could be heard.

Eunjoo returned with a tray and three cups of tea. "I had just brewed some tea." She placed the tray on the coffee table.

"Thank you, Unnie."

"Please take a seat."

The two did as they were told, quietly sitting on the couch next to each other.

Eunjoo then went to sit on the other chair. "So what brings you here, Lisa?"

"Did Joonmyun tell you about another case? A missing girl?" Lisa carefully asked.

A nod. "He did. He said it was similar to Jaewan's although he wasn't really sure how besides the actual even itself." The woman took a deep breath. Her hand reached out for one of the teacups. She looked tired. "Is there hope, Lisa? Or are we just wasting our time here?" She slowly took a sip.

Lisa hesitated for a second, carefully formulating her next sentence. "We might be on our way to finding a connection, Unnie." She took out the tablet she was carrying in her bag. "There's another girl, older. We found her body earlier today."

The woman almost choked on her drink. "Body?"

Lisa and Jennie could see the fear in the woman's eyes.

"Yes but only her, Unnie. There was no sign of Jaewan," Lisa quickly tried to console Eunjoo.

She sighed, a bit relieved. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insensitive towards the girl or her family but..."

"We understand, Unnie," Jennie spoke. "Can I call you that too?"

Eunjoo smiled a little, weakly. "Sure. You're Lisa's age, I assume?"