Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 6)

"Good morning," Lisa greeted the huffing Jennie who was clinging to her. She chuckled. "The return of Koala Kim," she said as she lightly kissed the top of Jennie's head.

Jennie felt the kiss. She tried to open her eyes. "Why are you up?" She mumbled drowsily against Lisa's collarbone.

"Big day today."

"Huh?" Jennie wasn't able to register that. She tried racking her sleepy brain for any important thing that they were supposed to attend or do but couldn't come up with anything. She ended up just tightening her hold on Lisa – her mind a complete blank.

Lisa chuckled. She adjusted her position to let Jennie cling more comfortably. "Fine. I'll give you five more minutes," she said, closing her eyes again.

They woke up more than an hour later instead.

Lisa had to laugh when she looked at the time. "Wow. I was tired alright," she mumbled to herself.

"Hm?" Jennie stretched, moving away from Lisa. She shivered when she felt the cold air in the room. She quickly curled up under the blanket again, snuggling close to Lisa.

"We need to get up, Jen."

She pretended not to hear that.

"You can play lazy tomorrow. Let's go." Lisa gently hit Jennie's butt to wake her up.

Jennie groaned, refusing to move.

"Please?"

She sighed. "Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see. It's very important to me."

Jennie opened her eyes. She saw Lisa smiling at her.

"There you go." Lisa sat up. "Let's go." She got off the bed, grabbing a clean towel on her way to the bathroom.

Jennie stretched long and hard before she slowly sat up. She noticed that Lisa was missing and huffed again before throwing herself back down on the mattress. She let her brain catch up. What's the big deal about today? Who are we going to meet? She stared at the ceiling. She suddenly felt something uncomfortably tangled between her toes. She tried kicking it off but it stayed stuck so she finally shoved the blanket aside and lifted her foot to look. She chuckled when she saw the pink ribbon, now crumpled. She's pretty amazing, she mused to herself when she remembered the things Lisa had done to cheer her up. Her smile faded a bit. I shouldn't be keeping things from her especially after all her effort in opening up to me – even about him. She sat up, absentmindedly playing with the pink ribbon in her hand.

"You're up? Good."

She turned her head when she saw Lisa walking inside the room.

"Now go get ready." Lisa walked over to the dresser, still drying her hair with the towel.

Jennie dropped the ribbon and scooted off the bed lazily. She was about to walk out the door when she felt a hand grabbing her wrist, pulling her back.

Lisa swiftly pulled Jennie, wrapping her arms around her waist. She kissed her, ignoring the morning breath.

"What's that for?" Jennie asked after the kiss.

"I just feel like it." Lisa grinned. She was excited for today even though she wasn't really sure why. It felt like she was going to let the two most important people in her life meet – like bringing Jennie home to her parents. She grinned even wider at the thought of that. She kissed her again.

"You're acting kinda weird," said Jennie after Lisa pulled back.

Lisa merely smiled. She let go of Jennie. "Go on." She hit Jennie's butt playfully.