One Step at a Time (Part 2)

"Finally!" exclaimed Chaeyoung when she saw the two walking out of the elevator. "What took you so long?" She then saw the little girl between them. "Hey, Jiyoon!" She ran towards the girl, squatted down and kissed her cheek. She grimaced a little at the familiar frying oil smell although it had been considerably reduced since Lisa and Jennie helped the grandmother by installing a kitchen exhaust at her home.

"Jiyoon?" Seulgi turned her head.

Jongin stood up when he heard the name. "My buddy!"

The little girl ran towards the young man, giggling with her arms open.

Jongin scooped the girl up in his arms. "How have you been, buddy?" He lifted one hand and the girl high-fived it.

"Pretty good, buddy."

Everyone laughed when they heard the reply.

"You're teaching her to be disrespectful towards older people," Lisa commented.

"Nah. She knows it's just our thing, right?" Jongin grinned.

Jiyoon nodded.

"Well, I better tell Captain Kim that you're here." Joonmyun stood up from his seat and went to knock on Jisoo's office door.

"Why is she with you?" Chaeyoung asked Jennie.

"Mrs. Yoon isn't feeling well so we're babysitting for the night."

"Babysitting again?" Seulgi spoke. "That's like... what now... every day this week?"

"Yeah. Well, we can't help it," answered Jennie. She looked at the girl now talking excitedly with Jongin and smiled. "Besides, we don't mind."

"What's going on anyway?" Lisa asked her friends.

"Not sure. Captain called and told me to come here as fast as possible," said Chanyeol. He then sighed audibly. "The date was going well too."

"You had a date?!" Lisa asked a bit louder than she should.

"Sshh! Lisa!" Chanyeol looked around cautiously.

"What? Afraid that the rookie fan will hear me?" teased Lisa.

"She's not a fan, okay?" Chanyeol protested.

"She's been popping up every chance she could, bringing you food and stuff. Ugh." Chaeyoung shuddered.

"You should talk. I heard that Bambam's in town this weekend," Seulgi remarked with a cheeky grin.

"Shut up!" Chaeyoung hissed, slightly blushing.

"What? Bambam's here and he didn't tell me?!" exclaimed Lisa in shock. She then narrowed her eyes, scrutinizing her friend. "Are you two getting serious?"

"He lives three hours away, okay? We're just good friends," argued Chaeyoung.

Seulgi scoffed. "Right," she muttered under her breath.

"Guys."

They heard Joonmyun's voice and turned their heads to see the young man gesturing at the conference room. "Let's go. The Captain will be right with us."

"What about Jiyoon?" Jongin asked Lisa.

"Err... Ah!" Lisa snapped her fingers then went to her desk to make a call. "Hey, Sooyoung. I'm so glad it's not your day off."

"Hi, Unnie. I have a feeling that you're going to make me work hard today," answered Sooyoung. "Wait. Why are you even here? I thought it was your day off?"

"It was but Chu told us to come in. And it's not hard work. I just need you to look after Jiyoon while Chu briefs us."

"She's here?"