Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 13)

It was late in the evening. Everything was dark when they stepped out of the train.

The two children had fallen asleep in the train so now they were quiet, still a bit drowsy.

Jiyoon never let go of Lisa. When Lisa left her to take care of the paperwork with Bambam and his superintendent, she literally cried her eyes out. In the train, she insisted on sitting next to Lisa. Now she was snuggling safely in Lisa's hold while Jaewan was walking hand in hand with Jongin.

Jisoo met the group at the platform with a couple of uniformed officers who assisted Bambam, Chanyeol, Chaeyoung and Seulgi by taking over the handcuffed couple from them.

Bambam introduced himself politely to Jisoo.

"What happened to her?" Jisoo asked after she saw the bandage on Song Yoonmi's head.

"Hubby knocked her out for being too loud," answered Chanyeol with a grin.

Jisoo shook her head. She then saw the sleepy boy, holding on to Jongin's hand. She smiled. "Hi Jaewan."

The boy looked up but only blinked. He began to suck his thumb again.

"That's Jiyoon?" Jisoo asked Lisa.

"Yeah."

"Is she okay?"

"She won't let go of Lisa," said Jongin.

Jisoo grinned. "I see. Well then. Let's go. There are people waiting for you."

They walked towards the escalator leading up to the hall.

They could see Joonmyun standing in the cold and quiet station hall. He was jumping in place while rubbing his hands together. Jennie was standing next to him.

Lisa had to smile when she saw Jennie.

Joonmyun saw the group. He rushed towards Jongin and stopped when the boy hid behind Jongin's leg, surprised by this eager newcomer. Joonmyun squatted down, eyes brimming with tears. "Jaewan..."

The boy peeked from behind Jongin's leg.

"It's okay," said Jongin, nudging the boy to come out. "This is your uncle Joonmyun. The one I told you about. Remember?"

Joonmyun felt hurt when he saw the boy so afraid of him. He suppressed his tears when he took out the small car from his pocket. "I gave you this, remember?" He showed Jaewan the toy.

The boy's eyes widened. He slowly stepped out of hiding, stretching one hand out to take the toy.

Joonmyun let him have it. He then hugged the small boy, unable to contain his relief anymore. "I'm so glad you're back," he mumbled through his tears. "We missed you very much."

Everyone smiled, relieved to see the small reunion. Chaeyoung even wiped a tear.

"Hey," Jennie approached Lisa with a smile.

"Hi." Lisa gave Jennie a quick kiss then hugged her with her free arm. "I miss you," she whispered in Jennie's ear.

Jennie was surprised. "You just saw me a few hours ago." She looked at Lisa. "What's wrong?" She then saw the girl who was now looking at her with curious round eyes. She smiled. "Hi, Jiyoon." She waved.

"This is Jennie," Lisa told the girl.

"You can call me Unnie or just Jen," said Jennie.

"Unnie? Really?" Lisa grinned at Jennie. "Age, Jennie. Don't forget your age."

Jennie stuck her tongue out. "What did you make her call you then?"

Lisa smiled. She turned her head towards the little girl. "What's my name?"