Secrets and Dreams (Part 7)

Jennie woke up to an empty bed. She stretched and switched off her alarm before sluggishly going out of the bedroom.

The apartment was quiet with no sign of Lisa or Jiyoon.

"Lili?" she called out. "Jiyoon?"

When no one answered, she went back to the bedroom to get her phone to text Lisa. That was when she saw the message Lisa left her.

"We're getting breakfast. Will be back in time to drive you to work."

She unconsciously smiled while replying. "Let me guess. You're at McDonalds, aren't you?"

"You're up? Good guess, by the way. Got you your McMuffin. Heading back now."

"I know you too well. Drive safely."

She put the phone down and took a quick shower.

The front door opened while she was getting dressed. She heard voices and was relieved to know that Jiyoon was doing most of the talking.

"You guys woke up early," she commented, walking out of the bedroom after she finished getting ready.

"It's Saturday. Junk food day," said Jiyoon cheerfully from her seat in front of the TV, taking a bite from her breakfast.

"Did you know that our little genius here can list every single toy in every Happy Meal series for the past two years?" Lisa asked Jennie through a mouthful of food.

"I didn't know that. How did you do it?" Jennie asked the girl. She let out a small yelp when Lisa slapped her butt as she walked past her. "Behave, Inspector Manoban," she hissed, glaring at the smirking Lisa.

"I simply memorized them every time you took me to McDonald's," answered Jiyoon without turning her head.

"This means we've been taking you there way too often," said Jennie jokingly.

"No, we haven't," argued Lisa. "It means that our daughter is very perceptive and smart." She beamed proudly at Jiyoon who was still watching TV while finishing her meal.

"That too," agreed Jennie. She took the coffee Lisa bought her and started on her breakfast. "I can drive myself to work, you know. You don't have to drive me."

"I want to drive you."

"You'll be late for work. Chu might scold you."

"It's her day off so I'm in charge. And I already told Seulgi that I was going to come in a bit late this morning. I've also told her our theory about Park Soyul. She's gonna look into it," countered Lisa. "By the way, did I tell you that Seul went on yet another date last night?"

"Already? I thought she just went on a date the night before?"

"She did do that and she went on another one just last night."

"Wow. I need to interrogate her. This sounds promising," Jennie said.

"She told me and Chu to keep it quiet though. She said she'd tell us when the time's right so you might want to refrain yourself from interrogating her. Give her some space." Lisa finished her food and began cleaning up when she noticed that Jiyoon was done eating, gathering the wrappers from her and Jiyoon's breakfast.

They arrived at Irene's restaurant in time to see the owner stepping inside with her toddler in tow.

Jiyoon rushed out of the car after saying a speedy goodbye to Lisa to catch up with Irene.

"I'm glad she's not being quiet anymore," remarked Jennie when she saw the girl happily greeting the small boy.

"Yeah. Don't know what happened to her but I'm sure we can talk to her about it soon."