Chapter I

Elsa walked to the throne room with Anna by her side.

"Did the guards tell you who it is?" Anna asked curiously.

"No, but they said she was a friend," Elsa responded before they entered the throne room to see Aquaria. Anna gasped and smiled brightly.

"Aqua! It's been so long! We missed you so much!" Anna ran over to hug her.

"I missed you too!" Aqua said as she hugged Anna and Elsa joined the hug as well.

"Are you here alone? I didn't see any Coronan ships at the dock," Elsa said and Aqua hummed.

"I am alone and I didn't come by ship," Aqua answered and Anna was curious.

"Then how did you get here?" Anna asked.

"My ability," Aqua replied and Anna's eyes widened.

"Ability?"

"Wait, you don't know?" Aqua asked and Elsa hummed.

"Well, you did keep it a secret for a while and you haven't been here since my coronation," Elsa said and Aqua hummed.

"That is true. I'm sorry, Anna. I thought that you knew. I have the ability to control water," Aqua explained.

"That is so cool!" Anna said with a bright smile.

Elsa noticed that Aqua was wincing every so often and she looked at the wrap that was on the young princess's arm.

"What happened to your arm?" Elsa asked gently and Aqua froze before she looked at the ground.

"I-I... I'll tell you another time..." She fought back tears as she thought about the fight against Varian.

"I understand. If you need to get a fresh bandage, just let me know," Elsa said and Aqua nodded.

"Thank you," she said softly.

"Well, now that you're here, Aqua, you've gotta come hang out with us!" Anna said with a bright smile.

"Alright!" Aqua nodded quickly, wanting to get her mind off of Varian as much as possible.

🧪

Varian was lying on his cot as his mind ran wild, thinking about what he would do if and when he got out of his cell.

He looked at Ruddiger who was curled up on his legs and in his peripheral vision he saw a piece of paper in his apron pocket. He pulled out the paper, seeing that it was the drawing of him and Aquaria.

Tears immediately sprung in his eyes. He already wanted her to come back and keep him company. He missed her so much and no matter how hard he tried or how many times he said it, he couldn't hate her.

He sat up and Ruddiger chittered as he climbed up onto Varian's shoulder's.

"I don't know what I'm going to do buddy... what if I really never see her again?"

"Aren't you the one who told her that you never want to see her again?"

"Huh?" Varian looked up and saw his cellmate looking at him.

"You are talking about the little princess, right?" The guy asked and Varian glared.

"What's it to you?" Varian asked bitterly.

"Oh, I'm just a spectator. Your whole show the other night was quite entertaining," he said with a bit of a chuckle.

"Well I'm glad that my suffering was enjoyable for you," Varian grumbled.