Chapter XXIV

I love this video so much! I do not own the song You Are The Reason by Calum Scott and I did not make this video! Love you all!

💧

Aquaria gagged as she swallowed the concoction Varian gave her.

"Sorry. I didn't say it would taste the greatest," Varian apologized. "I don't know how long it'll take to work, but hopefully it does actually work."

"Fank you, Barian." Aqua took a sip of water, desperately wanting to get the foul taste out of her mouth.

The concoction was supposed to help clear up her congestion.

"I hope it works. I really want you to feel better," Varian said and he hugged the princess he held dear.

Aqua smiled before she rested her head on Varian's chest.

They both started to get back to work on Project: Obsidian, well, Varian worked on it while Aqua helped where she could.

"Aqua, can you grab the beaker?" Varian asked and Aquaria nodded before she stood up, grabbing the beaker for Varian.

'Aquaria... I need your help...'

Aqua stumbled slightly and Varian quickly went to her side.

The voice sounded so familiar.

"Are you alright?" Varian asked with worry as he took the beaker from her hands, setting it on the table.

"I'm okay. I just keep hearig this voice in my head. It started after our last battle with Cassandra. It sounds familiar, but I can't put my figer on who it is," Aqua explained, not wanting to keep it from him.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Varian looked at her with concern.

"Well I honestly just thought that I was just hearig thigs. Now I'm positive that it's not just me goig crazy," Aqua said, her voice sounded a lot more normal, and Varian hummed softly.

"I've felt like someone has been talking to me too, but I thought it was nothing," Varian admitted. "It sounded like my mom so I thought maybe I was just hearing her voice from memory."

Aquaria thought about it and replayed the voice in her mind.

"You're right... it did sound exactly like your mom." Aqua looked up at Varian.

"Maybe we're just hearing her because we're stressed," Varian reasoned and Aqua hummed softly.

"You're probably right." Aqua sighed softly and kissed Varian's cheek gently.

Varian smiled as he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Let's get back to work."

"Yeah," Aqua agreed with a small smile.

Varian let go of Aquarian and grabbed the beaker off the table before getting back to work.

💧

Aquaria had dozed off at her desk and Varian decided not to bother her. He carefully took her quill from her hand before he moved her papers and journal out from under her head.