Chapter XII

"So next on our agenda is to go to Uncle Monty's," Varian said as they walked through the city which was bustling with excitement for the Day of Hearts.

"Oo! I like that idea!" Aqua said with a bright smile.

"Then we can do some of the festivities around the city. Then I'm gonna take you for a boat ride. We can spend some time together doing some science and then we have to go somewhere special for our last stop. It's a surprise," Varian informed as he kept an arm around Aquaria's waist.

"I'm excited! Today is gonna be wonderful!" She laughed and ran with Varian to Monty's Sweet Shoppe.

"What can I do for you two today?" Monty asked, giving Varian a side eye but he smiled at the younger princess.

"A batch of Monty cookies, please!" Aqua requested.

"Coming right up!"

Aqua put a few gold coins on the counter and took the plate of cookies from Monty.

"Thank you, Uncle Monty!" Aqua waved.

"Have a wonderful day, princess!" Monty waved back and Varian walked out with Aqua.

"He doesn't like me..." Varian looked at the ground with a soft sigh.

"What?" Aqua looked at him.

"Monty doesn't like me. No one in this city does... I'm sorry Aqua..." Varian looked at the ground as they walked.

"I don't care what everyone else thinks. They don't have a say over who I love," Aqua said before she kissed his cheek.

"You're the best," Varian beamed as he kept her close.

"You know I am," Aqua said with a light laugh. "Now let's get on with some festivities!"

🧪

Varian rowed out to sea with Aqua and smiled at her brightly.

"The last time we did this was in the middle of the night. I remember that," Aqua said with a smile and Varian chuckled.

"Yeah, and you know I brought the ham sandwiches. It wouldn't be a proper picnic date without the ham sandwiches," he said jokingly.

"Got that right," Aqua agreed as she got into the picnic basket.

"Are you having fun so far today?" Varian asked, hoping that he had made it a good first half of the day.

"I'm having more than fun! This has been one of the best days ever so far and it is only halfway through the day!" Aqua hugged him and he chuckled lightly.

"That's great!" Varian smiled proudly and he held her close to him. "I love you, Aqua."

"I love you more, Varian," Aqua remarked.

"I love you most," Varian challenged with a grin.

"I love you mostest," Aqua said cheekily. "I win!"

"Hey, that's not even a word!" Varian complained.

"It most certainly is a word," Aqua persisted.

"Fine, you win," Varian surrendered with a smile. "You always win."

"You bet I do," Aquaria said as she grinned at Varian. "So, what is the surprise for later?"

"Well, we're gonna- hey! Wait! It's a surprise! I can't tell you! It'll spoil the surprise!" Varian grimaced and she pouted.