Chapter II

"Get back here!"

Aquaria laughed as she ran away from Varian.

"No! They're mine! You can't have them!" Aqua ran with his goggles, trying to make him stop working so he would get some sleep.

Varian caught up to her, but she held his goggles behind her and away from him as he reached for them.

Aquaria giggled, but when she felt his lips on hers, her arms fell to her side. She went to put her free hand on his cheek, but he took the goggles out of her hand when she was distracted.

He pulled away chuckling lightly with a pink blush crossing his cheeks.

"Oh, that was dirty!" Aqua exclaimed before she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips gently.

Varian smiled as he kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Ruddiger climbed up Varian's back and chittered happily. Varian pulled away before kissing Aqua on the forehead.

"You need to go to bed, Varian. You've been staying up all night and it's not healthy," Aqua said as she rested her head on his chest.

"Okay... fine... but only because I could do with some snuggles," Varian agreed before scooping her up which made her laugh a little.

Varian took her to his room and she got into her nightgown while he put on his pajamas before crawling into bed. Aqua snuggled up against him and rested her head on his chest as he laid on his back, his arms slipping around her waist. Ruddiger padded his way over and curled up on Varian, purring happily as Aqua put an arm around his furry body.

"Goodnight, cupcake," Varian tried and Aqua scrunched her nose.

"That's not it."

"I'll figure it out one day." Varian smiled and kept her close as she closed her eyes.

"I know you will." Aqua fell asleep with a smile on her face.

"Aquaria? Are you paying attention?"

Aquaria looked up immediately to see Elsa looking at here.

"Huh? Oh, um, sorry. I was just... I had a memory..." Aqua sighed softly and looked at the group. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Well, I asked if you are enjoying your time here. I mean, it's been a couple months," Anna said to which Aquaria hummed and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm enjoying it a lot. I just... you know... I miss Varian... I-I haven't been away from him this long since I was eight..." Aquaria played with her necklace.

"He gave you that necklace, didn't he?" Kristoff said and Anna nudged him but Aqua smiled a little.

"He did... he made it out of Aquarian which is an element he created and named after me. He spent a long time on it," Aqua said happily and Kristoff smiled.

"It's very pretty. I'm surprised the kid could afford to make that. I'm honestly more surprised that he even has the skills to make that," he said and Aqua nodded.