Chapter XXIX

"You're my best buddy, but don't ever change," Lance sang as everyone sat in a circle.

Aquaria was sat between Varian and her father, letting out a sigh.

"Well, I hate to say it, but it looks like we might be here for the long haul," Lance said to which everyone groaned.

"I can't believe that. Eugene will get us out. I just know he will," Aqua said, trying to remain positive as she leaned against Varian.

"Sweetheart-" Frederic started before a portal opened up in the air.

Everyone looked at it and gasped before it started to suck them all in.

Aqua held onto Varian tight as she clenched her eyes shut. When she opened them, she saw the familiar scenery of the throne room.

Varian stood up and looked back at the portal, his eyes widening.

Quirin stood at the lever as he turned off the portal. He smiled at his son who ran to him.

"Dad! You're back!" Varian exclaimed before hugging his father tight.

Aqua ran over as well and smiled as she hugged Quirin.

"I'm okay. I promise," Quirin assured as he held both teenagers close.

"We have to make sure the portal is still completely stable," Aquaria said to which Varian nodded.

"Don't let me stop you," Quirin said, letting them go to work on the portal.

🌙

"I helped you find your power within. It's only right I take it out," Cassandra said as he held out her hand.

"Cassandra, no," Rapunzel begged with the little energy she had left. The sundrop left her chest, floating towards Cassandra's outstretched hand. With the sundrop's no longer within her, Rapunzel's golden hair turned brown.

"Sorry, Rapunzel," Cass said sarcastically as she went to grab the sundrop from the air.

Just before Cassandra could get ahold of the sundrop, Zhan Tiri jumped from a pillar and landed on Cassandra's shoulders.

The sundrop fell to the ground as Cass stumbled, trying to get Zhan Tiri off of her. Zhan Tiri grabbed the moonstone from off Cassandra's chest before being thrown off.

"How did you-" Cass started before she felt the power drain from her body.

Zhan Tiri held up the moonstone before grabbing the sundrop from the floor. "Finally, they're mine."

The rocks around Rapunzel sunk back into the floor.

"I'd like to thank both of you for taking care of what rightfully belongs to me." Zhan Tiri laughed as she looked at the two powerful gems in her hands. "At long last, they are mine!"

Zhan spun around before both gems sunk down onto her wrists, her eyes turning yellow and blue, respective to the wrists each gem sat upon.

Tentacles sprouted from the bottom of her skirt and horns grew from her head. She morphed into her true form.

🧪

Varian tightened the last bolt on the lever, feeling confident that this was all gonna work.

"Everything is up and running. Alright. All set to send Zhan Tiri back," Varian said as he looked up.